Search results

1. MarkTLS

recessed lighting for suspended ceiling?

Recessed lighting for basements Sorry I am so late in making comment, I have been away. I have done many basements and there is a tendency to light it like an office space. Don't do it! Consider using the recessed around the perimeter to make the space appear larger. There are more recessed...
  2. MarkTLS

Recessed light can located next to rain shower plumbing

Recessed Lighting, Showers Please make sure you use an approved "WET" location shower trim. Also we like the 4" Line voltage housing (wet location approved) with a CFL screwed in. Less heat and good bright soft light. Easy simple and inexpensive installation.
  3. MarkTLS

Dimmable LV track light humming & grounded neutral

Brador, Great question, i get this all the time. First of all does your track lighting fixture have a magnetic or electronic transformer? As you know if it has a magnetic transformer you are required to use a magnetic dimmer. It will make a buzz, although soft all the time. If you have a...
  4. MarkTLS

Are my recessed lights IC (insulation contact) rated?

Will other recessed trims fit my halo recessed lighting housings? 81311 Chad, The Halo 5" and 6" recessed housing will work with about 99% of all the trims out there. (Including ours). The only time that a halo housing will not work is when it is a low end type that has the housing and trim...
  5. MarkTLS

Recessed Air Tight (AT) housings and trims and shallow housings Chad, Great post, shows the problems people have selecting the proper housing for a specific project. I guess one of the problems with recessed lighting is the 1000's of variables. They make a recessed housing for most any...
  6. MarkTLS

Recessed Lighting comments from 2007, updated on 8-9-2011 Chad, thanks for the comment. Yes, I did know that the original post was from 2007. I have found that all the information out there on most sites are very dated. I have been working with recessed lighting for 18 years and I see the same...
  7. MarkTLS

Easy Solution to making our Recessed Housing Air-Tight for about $5 A number of manufacturers make a "Air Tight" Trim for your recessed housing. This trim has a gasket to make sure it seals close to the ceiling as well as a tight cone ending in hole where your socket will attach, again with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks