Search results

1. Jinmalibu

TOTO Ultramax flush handle sticking open

The flush handle sticks open when the toilet is flushed and continues to fill the tank until the handle is physically pulled up. I replaced the flapper and that solved the problem temporarily. I don’t recall if thr replacement flapper is the one regularly recommended here or a Toto. I got it...
  2. Jinmalibu

Newly installed Insinkerator disposal metallic grinding

Funny you mention the dishwasher. The disposal had been running fine for about two weeks since it was put into use and the day this problem started was the day they hooked up the dishwasher. I did use the wrench and turn the disposal manually, but did not hear any out of the ordinary sounds...
  3. Jinmalibu

Newly installed Insinkerator disposal metallic grinding

Finishing up a kitchen remodel. An Insinkerator Badger 500 was installed. Less than 2 weeks in use. When it is turned on it sounds like a bunch of steel is clanking around inside. I looked inside and see nothing that could be causing the sound. The chamber is completely empty. The two...
  4. Jinmalibu

My Mother-in-law gave thanks today

Plumber finally pulled the rag out by going through the upstairs toilet. Took about 45 minutes. Tub was still clogged, he kept snaking. I finally decided to see if there was just so much sludge in the tub drain that it wasn't draining. Sure enough. Thanks as usual for all the helpful...
  5. Jinmalibu

I called a plumber in. He tried to snake it from the downstairs tub. No luck. Now he has the machine and is going in from the toilet where the clog started. I will suggest he work from a clean out. The tub is the lowest drain in the house. There is actually a clean out on the other side...
  6. Jinmalibu

Not on a septic tank. The back up into the downstairs tub was basically instantaneous before the toilet was used again other than flushing it a number of times after the rag was flushed through. I had to take a trip the next day so haven't been able to address it. If I was to use a snake...
  7. Jinmalibu

She flushed a small rag down the upstairs toilet with my guests coming over soon. The toilet will flush but the tub directly below is backing up if I run the shower upstairs the water backs up into the downstairs tub? Short of calling a plumber any DIY suggestions? can I drano the rag?
  8. Jinmalibu

Toto Ultramax Tank Not Filling Sufficiently

Can I remove the clip while the valve is installed in the toilet? Answered my own question. I was able to get the clip off and raise the fill valve. I think I opened it as far as it would go. It started making a whistling noise after a few adjustments so I stopped there. Water now fills...
  9. Jinmalibu

Toto Ultramax Tank Not Filling Sufficiently

I have a Toto Ultramax (MS853113S) round bowl. I determined the tank is not filling all the way to the fill line on the overflow tube. The water line when the tank stops filling is about 2 inches below the fill line. The consequence is that the toilet is clogging frequently, especially when...
  10. Jinmalibu

Removal of 50 yr old sink drain pipe

If I understand correctly, I glue the tube going into the male adapter that will be screwed inside the wall?
  11. Jinmalibu

I was able to get the drain pipe removed with a 24" wrench without needing any heat. I went to Home Depot and picked up a 1 1/2" male adapter, 1 1 1/2" extenion and p-trap assembly. I am also going to need to use an extension to connect the sink drain to the trap. Here are some photos of what...
  12. Jinmalibu

Thanks for the replies. I need to get a better wrench and I will try the heat. For replacement, what is a better option plastic or galvanized ?
  13. Jinmalibu

I am installing a new sink and vanity in a bathroom. The house was built in 1965 and the original sink is being replaced. The drain pipe sticking out of the wall is corroded to the point the pipe is disintegrating and the threaded end of the pipe is breaking off. See photos. I tried to...
  14. Jinmalibu

Shower Valve installed too far forward

Recently remodeled my bathroom. A new Kohler Rite Temp K-304 valve was installed. After the shower was tiled we discovered that the valve was installed too far forward so the escuctheon that fits over the valve will not fit flush against the wall, which is what the instructions call for...
  15. Jinmalibu

Toto Ultramax fill valve won't shut off

I have a 7 yr old Toto Ultramax (model 854??). Water keeps filling into the overfill tube after flushing. If I apply pressure to the side closest to the flush handle it will stop. Should I start with a cap replacement or take it apart and clean it? Also, I started messing with it before...
  16. Jinmalibu

Toto Ultramax Flapper Replacement

I have a Toto Ultramax toilet that appears to need a flapper replacement. The eyelet on top of the flapper that attaches the chain to the flapper ripped. Toilet is about 4 years old. Should I go with the standard Toto replacement part or is there an aftermarket part that is a better option.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks