Search results

1. Calvin

Solutions for a very small bathroom

Hmmm, interesting. We plan to call in a plumber, but I want to be sure I know our options first. Do you know how this Kohler model performs, esp. vis a vis a Toto, for example? Thanks.
  2. Calvin

Thanks-- We're trying to save every in., so moving the RI might be the way to go.
  3. Calvin

Thanks--I'll keep it in mind.
  4. Calvin

I guess I'd still like answers to my questions about the Aquia, though, because the diagonal placement actually might work better in this situation than the present right angle one (we did the mock up yesterday, before I wrote for help here).
  5. Calvin

Thanks. I'm inclined to think we need to move the RI back a few inches, but our plumber hasn't sounded that enthused. There's no structural impediment to doing so--I think the 15" one was made to suit the toilet, which appears to be original to the house and fits quite tightly against the back...
  6. Calvin

Condensation from my existing toilet has rotted my subfloor, so we're planning a limited repair and replacement of the old toilet. The available floor space for the toilet is 40 in. from front to back and 28 in side to side (wall to vanity), with a rough in of 15 in. Since we can't afford a...
  7. Calvin

14" Rough-In Toilet Choices

That's something to consider--thanks!
  8. Calvin

Thanks for those suggestions. Unfortunately, we don't have central A/C nor are we planning a remodel per se. We started off just trying to fix the rotten subfloor, and it's turned out to be much more complicated and potentially expensive than we expected. We did add a tempering valve last...
  9. Calvin

From my visits to the low-humidity NW, I suspect that New England summers are closer to Alaskan ones than to those in WA or OR.
  10. Calvin

I've heard that and hope it's so, but I'm hesitant to do a new toilet and floor only to learn that we needed an insulated tank after all. It's a relatively small investment at this point for peace of mind, esp. since some materials we're considering (marmoleum and beadboard) would not fare well...
  11. Calvin

Insulated tank toilet w/14 in rough in My house is quirky, and my only bathroom is quite small. I'm planning to replace my Homart toilet, which seems to be original to the house, because it gathers so much condensation in the summer that it's rotted the plywood subfloor. Our mixing valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks