Search results

1. funperro

Toilets gurgling... what's wrong here?

OK another update: so after the camera, they sent out a "Very experienced" plumber to try and re-snake the line. He worked it for 1.5hrs. He first used a 1.5" diameter blade and was able to get all the way to the city line, but it was 'tight' starting at 60' and "tighter" at about 80'. He...
  2. funperro

OK so for an update: the camera crew was just here and they said 'sorry we can't see anything since the line is still full'. Now they're bringing another crew out to work the line again (snaking). Yay. So far I've only had to pay for the camera crew ($150)... they didn't charge for the first...
  3. funperro

yeah i had no idea who to call. Crap. At any rate, they showed up for two hours tonight. Did 4 runs.... two with a 'large' blade and 2 with a smaller blade. There was an obstruction near the turn at the city line... so he thinks. He could hear water sloshing around somewhere between 5 and...
  4. funperro

Thanks to both for your replies. I've got roto rooter on the way now. Hopefully just a quick snake/rodding and we'll be good to go. Will post an update. Thanks again.
  5. funperro

Hey guys, thanks in advance for any help. The situation: Two nights ago, the bathtub in the second story bathroom was used and fully drained all at once. I happened to be near the main floor bathroom and I heard the toilet gurgling/bubbling at some point during the tub draining. I could...
  6. funperro

Hiding cables behind a brick wall

I recently removed some inset shelves from the wall in order to mount a plasma TV. The problem is that I've got cables that I need to conceal, and I'm looking for ideas for a clean way to do it. Normally, I'd just drill into the drywall and run it through the hollow space and have it come back...
  7. funperro

Bathtub drain leak: how do I know if it is something OTHER than bad putty?

Hey guys... quick question: I've got a tub leak that I noticed last night. Today I filled the tub up full and let it sit for 4 hrs to test if there was a leak around the outside rim of the drain. Not a single drop came through the leak spot in the room below during this time. As soon as I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks