Search results

1. almostdone

DVW planning question

my modified plan applicable code: IPC in NH, since this my residence, I am able to make this installation without a plumbing license as long as I pull permits and get the work inspected. any chance that an inspector will approve this since there are two wet-vented fixtures and one dry...
  2. almostdone

DVW planning question

I'm putting a bathroom in a summer cottage. Fixtures include a lav (1.5" drain line), shower (2"), and toilet (3"). All three drains come through the subfloor within 3 feet of a 2" vent pipe. p-traps for the lav and shower would be installed below the subfloor. I'd appreciate any input you...
  3. almostdone

The check valve discussion.

Off topic, but that's pretty funny. I thought there was some deep inside water well business joke that caused Ron to bleep out part of spe******t, but it turns out that the spam filter is just picking up that well-known drug for ED: ******. Now, I'll spend the rest of day trying to figure...
  4. almostdone

HJ - I'm just a science teacher, but the theory proposed is correct. The reason that you don't run into the problem of water draining out of your siphon hose is that atmospheric pressure is adequate to hold up a column of water that is 32 ft high. If you filled the hose with water and then...
  5. almostdone

Pressure tank placement

Thanks all for the responses! Bob NH - I am definitely going to draw outside water from before the neutralizer. After all, rainwater is usually around pH 5.7 (if there's no power plants upwind) and plants have done fine with that pH for a long time. Gary and Speedbump - I won't be...
  6. almostdone

OK, so I'm not on town water, so do I need this backflow-preventing check valve? :) It does alert me that the pump is running by rattling nicely, but speedbump said "Having a check valve at a bladder tank is a no no anyway." I'm wondering why? DM
  7. almostdone

Pressure tank placement

My well water is acidic (pH about 5.5) so I'm installing a neutralizer. I've also got quite a bit of sediment and rust in the water so I have a filter for that already. Currently, my water runs to the pressure tank before it goes through the sediment filter. My question is - Can I run the...
  8. almostdone

Speedbump, I have a question on your comment that a check valve by the bladder tank was not correct. I just moved into a house that has a xtrol pressure tank and just upstream from it before the plastic supply pipe enters the house - a flomatic check valve. I wondered about it because I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks