Search results

1. Amateur Plumber

Noisy Grundfos Shallow Well Jet Pump

My Wayne ReliantOne 1 HP convertible shallow well jet pump failed last week. I began to see some air in the lines, loss of water pressure, and then the pump stopped pumping water completely. I replaced that pump with a new Grundfos 1 HP JP4-61ASI Shallow Well Jet Pump. After priming the new...
  2. Amateur Plumber

Need advice on sump pump design

My existing sump has 2 Zoeller M53 pumps installed in a 24 inch sump pit. One is about 3 inches higher than the other, and each has a separate electrical circuit. Both have check valves installed about 2 feet above the pump, which then feed into a single 2 inch line going out of the house...
  3. Amateur Plumber

Replaced shallow well pipes and put in pitless adapter: Now no water pumped

I replaced my existing 50+ year old galvanized pipe leading to my shallow well with sch 80 1.25 inch PVC. Total horizontal run is 20 feet. I also replaced the well seal with a pitless adapter, attaching that to a sch 80 1.25 inch PVC down pipe. The down pipe is about 20 feet deep...
  4. Amateur Plumber

How to remove Well Head?

I have a 50+ year old single pipe shallow well supplying potable water for my home. The well is about 20 feet from my home, and the piping terminates in my basement where it is piped into a shallow jet well pump. I suspect that the galvanized iron pipe used is at least 50, if not 60 years...
  5. Amateur Plumber

Replace shallow well jet pump with submersible?

Have lived in my current home for 25 years, replacing the single drop shallow well jet pump 3 times during that time as the pump wore out. The input to the pump comes through the basement wall, and is 1.5 inch galvanized. I installed a new whole house filter a year ago, and now I regularly...
  6. Amateur Plumber

Where to tap into drain line?

The city has run new sanitary sewers to my area, and I am about to abandon my septic tank. There are now 2 lines exiting the house and going to the septic tank. One from the kitchen, and one from the bathroom. There are 2 separate vent stacks going to these two drains. I have had a lot...
  7. Amateur Plumber

Septic Tank Elimination: Does it make sense to install new toilet drain pipe?

Thanks for the help. The city just installed new sanitary sewers in my area. I am about to solicit a contractor to connect me to the stub. I have two drains to connect. 1) A 3" PVC line that drains the kitchen sink, and the washer in the basement as soon as I plumb a line to connect it to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks