Search results

1. Tinger

Swanstone sinks - staining?

Exactly. That's why I'm worried. Hopefully someone who has used them for a while can comment on this. Thanks for your responses!
  2. Tinger

Yes, the Swanstone is matte finish, not polished. They talk about using an abrasive cleanser to rub out stains. So I guess the question is - are they susceptible to staining? Are they high maintenance in that regard? I'd hate to dump coffee or blueberry pie or something like that into the...
  3. Tinger

Hi all. We're considering replacing our porcelain sink with a Swanstone sink in "Tahiti Terra" color - a light beige sort of composite. I've read some comments online about staining with this material, and would like your feedback and experience with the Swanstone. Good idea for a kitchen...
  4. Tinger

Toto CST703 - erratic flushing - need help, please

Thanks to all on this forum. I bought a 2-piece eco Drake II and installed it. Easy (apart from some tricky shimming needed), and all is well. WHAT an improvement!! A really good product.
  5. Tinger

Just an update on this situation. I decided to call a plumber to check this out. He pulled the toilet and found nothing at all in the trapway. Further investigation found nothing wrong in the drain or venting system. So the suspicion is that this Toto 703 has a defect in the trapway which...
  6. Tinger

Thank you very much for your assistance. Your work philosophy is very sound. One & Done. Wish I could say the same for some of the contractors in my part of the woods! Tx
  7. Tinger

Thanks. So, as a newbie to pulling a toilet: - would you advise disconnecting the tank from the bowl (70lbs combined, which I could certainly lift) - any recommendations on a wax ring to get, or consideration on which one? tx
  8. Tinger

Jim, thanks again for the suggestion. The water levels in the tank and in the bowl are consistent on every flush. The tank fills to the line every time, and the water level always returns to the same point in the bowl. I did your test, and got the same result. Then, I dumped a 3 gal bucket...
  9. Tinger

Thanks. Refill tube is fine, and the settings are such that it refills to the right level. Has original flush valve tube, but new fill valve. Stuff trapped sounds possible. I haven't pulled a toilet before, but it doesn't seem difficult, especially given this was only installed a few years...
  10. Tinger

Hi all. Hoping you can help me out with a strange toilet situation. I have a Toto CST703, 1.6 toilet, which was installed on the first floor of our house. Upstairs, just over this toilet, we have two bathrooms, both of which work just fine. This toilet is completely erratic in its...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks