Search results

1. Crosstalk

Delta 2600 shower faucet handle orientation/direction

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree the valve stems can probably be installed to close either clockwise or counterclockwise. I was wondering what the typical setup is.
  2. Crosstalk

Delta 2600 shower faucet handle orientation/direction

Hello. I have a broken extension part on my delta 2600/2800 shower faucet. Seems like it wasn't installed correctly years ago as there is no long screw threaded from the extension into the stem. I already ordered the replacement part, but after reading a couple of posts here about these faucets...
  3. Crosstalk

American Standard Aquaseal, Need parts help--shower valve leaking

I replaced the stems and everything is working great. I didn't order the seats, but they don't look so great. How risky is it to try to remove the old seats? Are they going to difficult to turn out or better left alone since I don't have a drip? Looks like a 1/4" allen needed. There is a drip...
  4. Crosstalk

Actually it looks like it could be the american standard aquaseal stem but it has fallen apart. How do I get it out? a pick?
  5. Crosstalk

Hi everyone- I am new to 3 valve shower valve repair and can't figure out what I have here. I have a drip from the faucet when off so I'm thinking worn washer or seat. When I took it apart, I didn't find any washers--some kind of metal-on-metal seating system. On the hot side, I was able to...
  6. Crosstalk

How to open cleanout

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a vent/clean out. There is a screw that is seized so I guess I either drill the screw out or break the cover off with a hammer. I am going to get the line inspected to see what’s going on, but was wondering if hydro jet is considered ok for old cast iron with...
  7. Crosstalk

How to open cleanout

Hi. I am having a sewer blockage/backup for the first time since I lived in this house (9 years). I located the cleanout in the middle of the yard, but it doesn't look like it unscrews. See attached photo. (1) How do you open this without breaking it? (2) Should I have someone rod it the line...
  8. Crosstalk

Toto Eco Supreme CST863E with flush tower

Sorry I didn't notice your reply until now. Yes it has been working well. The instructions are ok. You will need to adjust the chain and hook placement on the flush lever so the chain isn't stretched over the top of the tower (at least that was the case on my model--yours may vary).
  9. Crosstalk

Toto Eco Supreme CST863E with flush tower

Hello. After needing to replace the flapper about every 12-18 months, I decided to try the newer flush tower drain valve. The silicone seal should do better in my water (at least I'm hoping so). Does anyone know the proper setup for this? Should the flush rod be bent over the top of the tower...
  10. Crosstalk

Toto Universal Flapper THU499s

I apologize if someone already posted about this, but I couldn't find it. I wanted to let you know that TOTO has a new universal flapper part. I called to complain (again) about the green pvc flapper failing, and they sent me this one. It has a rigid frame and red rubber gasket (not silicone...
  11. Crosstalk

Moen 1225 cartridge disassembly

Moen only sends a free replacement if you are the original purchaser of the faucet. And, yes, it is a waste of time to mess with it. I tried to re-grease it and put the old one back in--the inlet gasket got snagged and the cartridge was stuck worse than ever. I eventually yanked it out with the...
  12. Crosstalk

Nevermind--just realized the stem pushes out the bottom of the plastic housing.
  13. Crosstalk

I realize that taking the cartridge apart to replace/grease internal o-rings is a waste of time for a pro, but I am curious how this cartridge comes apart. I saw a prior mention on the forum of a special tool. It looks soldered at a few points, but maybe the stem is threaded on the internal...
  14. Crosstalk

Grohe Grohmix stop valves

Not exactly the same, but a similar design. I'm not sure what the o-ring is supposed to do (partially block the perimeter or check valve?) or the exact OEM size, but swelling of this over time would explain my gradual loss of flow.
  15. Crosstalk

I took the head apart and found no serious limescale. I did discover a hard and possibly swollen o-ring in the flow restrictor. The resistor has a central jet and a set of jets around the perimeter. The perimeter jets seemed blocked by the o-ring. I tested without the flow restrictor and the...
  16. Crosstalk

I called myself checking the head first too, but now I am questioning it. I soaked it in white vinegar but that didn't have any effect so I started the process of checking the valve. Now I'm back to square one, but will take the hand shower apart this time.
  17. Crosstalk

Impact wrench was great for this, but the stops/valve body didn't seem clogged. I guess I need to look at the shower head internals next.
  18. Crosstalk

Thanks, Terry. You are right that I need to take the chance because those valves are probably clogged and need to be cleared. I will get back to this in the next few days to see if I can get the stops out without breaking anything. I am a bit afraid of brass at the moment because I recently...
  19. Crosstalk

Seems like shower repair month for me--I have another shower valve question. I am trying to remove the stop valves (part 10 highlighted in the picture) from a grohmix valve with poor flow so I can clean the strainers. The valves are a brass nut/flange piece threaded into the brass valve body...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks