Search results

1. Elocs

Want to change wax ring, but toilet is stuck fast like a vacuum seal.

It just may come to all of that. For the moment I was going to approach it by addressing the most simple aspect (like in electronics, is it plugged in?) so that's why when I could not get the toilet up I decided to tighten the very loose nuts (also I didn't have the time to do more, figuring...
  2. Elocs

Fortunately I may see the guy this weekend who installed the toilet and find out if he used caulk. I did find that the toilet is not close to being plumb with the right side needing to come up a quarter inch. I had some of those soft shims but couldn't get one in more than half way and it did...
  3. Elocs

I've done this a few times and the toilets have always come straight up with a little pulling, but this one won't budge. Is it ok to rock it a little? This toilet is in a mobile home and I found that it was leaking underneath the trailer (stopped using the toilet and shut the water off to it...
  4. Elocs

A simple question: are the water lines that go to the toilet tank all the same size?

The hard thing was trying to do it left handed when I could either look at it or try and thread it. It was that bend in the line that kept me from blindly getting it threaded onto the tank. Once I removed it from the other end and put it on the tank first it went easily. It was just so...
  5. Elocs

A simple question: are the water lines that go to the toilet tank all the same size?

Bingo and Hallelujah! Yes that easily worked. Even though it was after 10 p.m. I thought I would try it out since you are a plumbing contractor for 49 years and I reckoned you knew what you were talking about. Thanks a lot.
  6. Elocs

The YouTube videos I watched included ones from Home Depot as well as the HomeOwner series, so I kind of reckoned they were at least competent. I also reckon that tubing could have burst anytime in the last 10 years. All the videos simply said to connect the supply line and to make sure it did...
  7. Elocs

I had no idea that I needed a new supply line. I watched numerous YouTube videos about how to install a toilet and I don't remember any of them saying I needed a new supply line, and to replace that is simply not intuitive. To me it seems to be a hose that should thread to the tank just like...
  8. Elocs

Toilet life expectancy.

Well, I can't complain too much since the old toilet lasted 23 years with the very hard water that I have here. The old one was a 3.5 gpf and it would flush fine if water was poured into the bowl when flushing, and it was not clogged because it never overflowed. It sure didn't look like much...
  9. Elocs

Nope, I'm using the supply from the old toilet.
  10. Elocs

No, I'm not using teflon tape on the flexible supply. I am not left-handed but because of where the line is being next to the countertop I have to use my left hand and there is no room to get my head in there for a good look. For some reason I just cannot seem to get the line to thread on the...
  11. Elocs

I put in the new toilet today and everything went well up until the very end when I connected or tried to connect the water line to the tank and just could not get it done, I couldn't get it to thread and connect. Is this because the female water line connection is plastic and on the tank...
  12. Elocs

Toilet life expectancy.

I removed the toilet and couldn't believe how crudded up with calcium and lime deposits the holes under the rim were. I am sure replacing the toilet was a lot less problems.
  13. Elocs

Plumber Labor Cost to Install Toilet

True. I am in no way any kind of handyman and I managed to do it today even with installing a new flange. There are lots of great videos on YouTube to help you out. Of course, if money is no object (it seems to be though), then go with a plumber. Ultimately, a man has to know his...
  14. Elocs

Toilet life expectancy.

Well, too late now. Such is life.
  15. Elocs

Toilet life expectancy.

Thanks. The tank is now history so I have to get a new one so perhaps I need to get the whole thing so the gpf matches up with the tank and bowl. I didn't have a flapper in it. There was a tube around the overflow which went up and down when flushed instead of a flapper. I'm trying out the...
  16. Elocs

Toilet life expectancy.

OK, I've read about the lasting for 50 years but I'm at the second time of replacing the innards because the toilet no longer has a good flush and I need to dump water into the bowl to get it to work even remotely well. This toilet is 23 years old and the water here is very hard so I'm pretty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks