Search results

1. TheycallMeDave

Results of my first DIY Solar Hot Water Project using 300' coil of PEX

The project consisted of building a Solar Box/Oven for 300' of 3/4" Pex-B Tubing to sit inside of and was built using 2x12's with a finished size of 36"x36" . 1/2" plywood was used for the backing with 1" Polyiso Board sitting on top of that with a thick piece of sheetmetal plate on top of that...
  2. TheycallMeDave

Could an experienced Pump Man venture a guess as to the max. head on this ???

http://www.lightobject.com/Heavy-duty-30Lm-475GPH-DC12V-High-Temperature-100-39C-3-phase-Brushless-Water-Oil-Gasoline-pump-w-speed-control-P544.aspx Ive tried to find out the max. head thru the Distributor but they dont know and cant find out . Based on the specs and type of pump it is, is...
  3. TheycallMeDave

Please critique this inexpensive Pump that ive selected for my Solar Panel / Tank

http://www.lightobject.com/Heavy-duty-30Lm-475GPH-DC12V-High-Temperature-100-39C-3-phase-Brushless-Water-Oil-Gasoline-pump-w-speed-control-P544.aspx This pump looks very good to me given its high temp. hi volume capability , plus its 12 vdc and uses only 3.8 amps . Im wanting to hook this...
  4. TheycallMeDave

Is there a maximum height for a Thermosyphon hot water system to work ?

If a solar collector is mounted on the ground and there is a horizontal (inclinded) piping run of 25' (each for supply and return) then a vertical run of 10' to the water heater tank....will the water still move adequately ? Are there limits ?? Thanks.
  5. TheycallMeDave

Need constructive critique on my idea for a solar hot water panel , please

This looks like a great forum. Some background : I live alone and want to totally eliminate the need to run my 40 gallon electric water heater, and since i live in sunny Florida I believe I can do so given my low requirement for hot water. Im going to be building my solar collector very...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks