Search results

1. Leo427

Kohler lav cartridges... slow leaks?

Just to clarity, my faucet leaked from the moment I put it in also. I tried flushing it, turning it on and off rapidly, took out the cartridge and did a visual check, etc., nothing worked. Just one of those things. However, you got the double whammy. Again, good luck with the repair.
  2. Leo427

Kohler lav cartridges... slow leaks?

I installed the Forte widespread about 6 months ago. I had a similar leak on the hot side only. It was barely noticeable except for the stopper being wet. Maybe a drop every hour or so. I contacted Kohler and they sent me both cartridges at no charge. They recommended changing both even...
  3. Leo427

Is my Toto Drake defective?

Notch is Normal I have two Drakes and they both have the notch. I bought them from a plumbing supply house. The only thing I can think of is that it is a place to put your finger to lift the lid off the tank. No performance issue. Enjoy your Drake!
  4. Leo427

Shower Handle w/NO SCREWS???

browniz, This is a Kohler Forte K-10272-4G 8" widespread faucet. I don't know what brand/model you have, but this one is set up with no allen screw. I just took another look to be sure. ;) It was frustrating to say the least. Previously, any faucet I dealt with had an exposed screw or...
  5. Leo427

Shower Handle w/NO SCREWS???

hj, I'm not the original poster. I was trying to help kmclisterman and I submitted my reply too soon. Sorry about that. I'll try it again. I had a similar situation involving a Kohler bathroom faucet. I was helped out with advice from this fine forum. I don't know if this will help you with...
  6. Leo427

Dripping Kohler Forte K-10272-4CP

I actually did try turning it both ways and it wouldn't move. However, I did not want to force it in either direction. At least not until I know for sure which way to turn it. I will check with the manufacturer. Thanks.
  7. Leo427

I thought I was moving right along, but.......... I determined that the hot side is the one leaking. I tried removing the cartridge using a spark plug socket on a 3/8" socket handle. It fit the nut perfectly. The problem, I could not loosen the cartridge. It was very tight. As I was turning the...
  8. Leo427

I was able to unscrew the chrome bonnet to get to the stem. I did it on both sides just to see if I could. Now I need to get a new cartridge from Kohler. Thank you for that! It saved me a big headache. I tried turning the water on and off quickly, still leaks. I'm sure that works, but not...
  9. Leo427

I think you're right. It seems like the whole valve has to be removed. I will go through the warranty process to get the parts I need. It's obviously disappointing to have a brand new fixture leak. I have 3 other Kohler faucets in the house and have had no problems so far. Of course I used...
  10. Leo427

I need a short toilet

Terry...Never mind, I found it! I found the link I was looking for. Thank you for hosting such an excellent site! https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743
  11. Leo427

I just installed a Kohler Forte K-10272-4CP. It is an 8" spread faucet with separate cold and hot controls. The hot side has a slow drip. I'm assuming it is a cartridge that needs to be replaced. However, I have no idea how to get into the valve to get to the cartridge. There is no screw to...
  12. Leo427

I need a short toilet

A question for Terry I am unable to find the link to the installation instructions for the Toto Drake that your son posted some time ago. I recall it included how to sand the inside of the tank where the washers are to provide a good seal. It was very informative. Would you be able to provide...
  13. Leo427

I need a short toilet

Thank you for the replies. I am considering a Drake ST743S round bowl. It would give me about the same amount of room I had with the original toilet that was installed when the house was built. Even if I decided to jack hammer the slab to relocate the drain, there is no other place in the room...
  14. Leo427

I need a short toilet

I am updating a half bathroom in my family room. It is approximately 45" wide by 10' deep. The vanity is located at the far end of the room and is the width of the room. The toilet is in the middle of the room and has a 12" rough in from the wall. With a 2" offset from the wall, a 28" toilet...
  15. Leo427

Drake-quiet?

I've heard of Teflon and Clorox, just not together! ;) Thanks Terry, I'll look for it.
  16. Leo427

Drake-quiet?

Terry, Is the Clorox Teflon bowl cleaner effective in reducing the "streaking" effect that has been referred to? I have never heard of this product. Any downside to this product?
  17. Leo427

Drake-quiet?

Mine makes a similar sound at the very end of the flush. It seems to be normal, possibly a result of the bowl emptying so quickly.
  18. Leo427

Splashing problem with Toto toilets?

I can only speak for the Drake regarding this issue. I have had my Drake in use for about 6 months. I have never seen any splashing of water and/or bowl contents during flushing. Everything goes straight down the drain, VERY QUICKLY! ;) I think you'll be pleased with the performance...
  19. Leo427

Gap between tile and lead bend

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned that the side of the flange would need some space between the lead and the tile to fit properly.
  20. Leo427

Gap between tile and lead bend

How much of a gap is required between the floor tile and the lead bend for the toilet? I want to make sure there is enough of a gap to install the closet flange, but not too much to insure proper support for the flange. I plan on having the flange installed on top of the finished tile floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks