Search results

1. Jrol22

Using Cast Iron Flange Replacement as "removeable" flange for PVC dwv

I think by shimmed we are talking about different things -I simply meant I put some material under the closet bend such that it is very well supported by the slab below. Therefore the closet bend and some of the downhill pipe is not using the floor, on which the flange is screwed, for its...
  2. Jrol22

Thanks! I shimmed the closet bend so it wouldn't be hanging from the flange. I thought therefor it didn't really need to hold on too tight, just keep anything from escaping. The thought was not the cost, but I figured it would be destructive too pull up the flange if it is glued. I suppose you...
  3. Jrol22

Hi and thank you for any feedback. I am building a bathroom with all of the plumbing between the bathroom floor and the slab 8" below. (thank you all for the feedback on my last DVW post - I was squared away and passed inspection no problem.) I was planning on making some means of opening the...
  4. Jrol22

Please help with Small bathroom DWV in floor on slab ... no wall space

Thank you Tom Hj: I am not clear on why I have rubbed you the wrong way - I have made no statements to the effect that plumbing is easy or that a building's DWV system is just a few pipes screwed together. I just trying to put my bathroom together so that it works - I have thought a great deal...
  5. Jrol22

So am I just thinking to much - if the trap is close to the toilets entry to the drain line and the trap weir is level with the low side of the 1 1/2 outlet of a 3x1 1/2 wye laying flat in the drain line than it would not take much to backflow a touch of waste into the trap water - it seems...
  6. Jrol22

Thank you again! How about the height of the tub Ptrap, what are the constraints?
  7. Jrol22

well maybe I don't have that right - I had been reading this: P3102.1 Required vent extension. The vent system serving each building drain shall have at least one vent pipe that extends to the outdoors. P3102.3 Size. The required vent shall be sized in accordance with Section P3113.1 based on...
  8. Jrol22

Thanks again for all of your help, please take a look and let me know if I am doing ok, I realize (Hj) that I started far from it. I don't think straight all the time when it comes to venting. The washer shares only the dry portion of the wet vent going to the roof - but its drain meets up...
  9. Jrol22

plumber2011 Thank you for the reply, I think he was referring to my last post about AAV's - Neither you or anybody else suggested an AAV should go there. Could you chime in on the diagram and my adaptation - it seems that I was over thinking. BTW I cannot find our code as it pertains to the...
  10. Jrol22

Thats a nice diagram! Thank you. Is this accurate "IRC does not require vents for toilet" I just found the statement in NY code "The developed length of the fixture drain from the trap weir to the vent fitting for self-siphoning fixtures, such as water closets, shall not be limited." If this is...
  11. Jrol22

You guys are great, I thought the thread was not going anywhere. I am willing to change anything, there is no vent yet there. I am trying to wrap my head around the wet vent scenario. I placed the vent there in the diagram to use for both tub and toilet, thinking my toilet vent could "climb"...
  12. Jrol22

Well, you guys go to school so you can efficiently know what to do in most any circumstance - such that you can earn a living doing so. If you were to futs and fuddle as much as I am on one bathroom you'd starve to death! I know I cannot learn plumbing in one inquiry, but I should be able to...
  13. Jrol22

Wel thank you for looking! I will come up with a sketch John
  14. Jrol22

Hi and thank you for any knowledge/insight. I have done mostly repair plumbing and now I am having difficulty wrapping my head around my DWV system for a new bathroom in a very old, very small house. Most of my reading shows layouts with soil stacks in the wall etc. I don't have such a system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks