Search results

1. DHewes

Leaking Shower after Replacing Stems

John - Sorry...your title says "Plumbing Contractor for 49 years" and while close, I am not quite that old. It was meant in the sense that you have a vast amount of knowledge and experience, nothing more.
  2. DHewes

John - Thanks for the info, that is great to know. One of the advantages of being a plumber longer than I have been alive... :-)
  3. DHewes

Well, picked up the seats and springs...another $5 but WAY cheaper than calling someone. Took Jim's advice and bought the plumbing silicone grease as well. Everything back together, again very simple...and this time the leak does appear to have stopped. Thanks guys - appreciate the forum...
  4. DHewes

Jim, I appreciate the reply. It is leaking from the shower head where the water normally comes out - the bottom most hole - like the water isn't turned off all the way. Now, for one of those "I really feel stupid" moments - I called Home Depot and spoke with the person that helped me. It...
  5. DHewes

I am in a 15 year old house and my shower had a slow leak (1 drip every 3-5 minutes). It is a dedicated shower (not shower/tub) and it only has the shower head and two separate handles, not the style with a single handle in the middle. I started by taking off the handles and tightening the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks