Search results

1. Lauras2011

3 points of contact

What's the alternative? If the wax seal won't work because of the extra hight of the tile, then how would you compensate for the extra space?
  2. Lauras2011

3 points of contact

Yes! That is exactly what happened ... I'm not sure what they did about the additional height of the tile. They didn't account for it when re-installing the pedestal sink (I had to make the final adjustments and re-install the pedestal myself :( I'll get in touch with them and ask. Thanks for...
  3. Lauras2011

3 points of contact

It was installed by the guys who put in my new bathroom floor (not plumbers), so I wasn't too sure whether they knew a lot about toilets and Toto toilets in particular. They left a gap ... so I took off the tank and tried to do a better job myself ... but I couldn't get rid of the gap either...
  4. Lauras2011

3 points of contact

I recently purchased a Toto Drake toilet and had it installed. The instructions say there should be "3 points of contact" between the tank and the back of the bowl (2 in front, 1 in back). But the rubber flange that goes over the large hole between tank and bowl is too thick ... so I can't get...
  5. Lauras2011

American Standard slow close is too slow!

I bought a Champion 4 Everclean toilet seat and it is soooo slooooow (over 15 secs for the seat and nearly *25* secs for the lid) ... it just feels very stiff maybe because it's new? Will it loosen up and speed up over time? Is there a way I can lubricate it?
  6. Lauras2011

rough-in

great site! Thanks for all the helpful input ... this website is totally great! Don't know what I would have done without it!
  7. Lauras2011

rough-in

So ... the distance from the wall to the center of the anchor bolts is 13 3/8". Do you think a standard 12" rough-in will work? (That's what I ordered and now I'm scared that the tank won't have enough wall support behind it.)
  8. Lauras2011

rough-in

Hi Terry and all, Can you clarify how to measure the rough-in? Is it the distance from the back wall to the floor bolts (easy to measure)? Or is it the distance from the back wall to the center of the bowl (impossible to measure since it's hard to tell exactly where the center of the bowl is...
  9. Lauras2011

Toto Seat Designs

decided on toilet but worried about seat I was thrilled to discover that so many people love these Toto toilets, especially the Drake CST744SG ... gets very high marks overall ... but then I was really distressed to read all the negative comments about the splash-up under the seat. So I have a...
  10. Lauras2011

American Standard vs Toto

What an awesome wealth of information! Thank you very much! I have another question about the seat/lid, but will save that for another day. Thanks again ... Laura S.
  11. Lauras2011

Awesome -- thank you! Just the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Toto is looking better all the time. My only question now is whether the CEFIONTECT is worth the extra $. If you have any opinions about this too, I'm listening! Thanks again :)
  12. Lauras2011

I've been reading lots of toilet reviews online, and it seems like Toto is the MVP these days ... but American Standard Champion 4 wins hands down on Consumer Reports. (They claim it's better for liquid waste removal and noise.) I'm mainly concerned with solid waste removal (I have an old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks