Search results

1. Eddie_T

Braided Toilet Supply Line Suspicion

In trying to decide whether to use a ⅜" comp or ½" comp shut off valve I suddenly wondered does the mfgr use the same size hose inside the SS braided lines for the two sizes of connector?
  2. Eddie_T

Wrench For Stop Valve Crown Nut

I need to renew the stem packing for a toilet stop valve. Access and visibility are very limited. Is there a special stubby wrench or deep well socket that plumbers use in these circumstances? It seems to be 3/4" but I am not certain of this as wrench handle length is in the way. I am having to...
  3. Eddie_T

Kohler Rochelle Toilet, Replace or Repair

My two Rochelles have been in use 47 years. The one that gets the most use is having some flush valve problems. They use a flush ball which I have replaced a number of times. Replacements seem to use aluminum rods with a slight brass finish. I have been forming and threading rods out of copper...
  4. Eddie_T

Pr e -insulated PEX Tubing

My home is a 2400 sq ft slab on grade single story with a well. Several years back I had to re-plumb in the overhead due to a copper tubing leak under the slab. In the interest of keeping head loss down I re-plumbed with 3/4" PVC for both hot and cold. That was a mistake as I now have to deal...
  5. Eddie_T

Vintage Elkay Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Repair Kit?

The faucet in question was sold with Elkay's top of the line triple basin SS sink in the early 70s. Although Elkay CS insists it was mfg by Elkay it obviously has the Delta ball valve with characteristic delta shaped cam under a chrome dome with adjusting ring. Elkay says it is no longer...
  6. Eddie_T

Sink Drain Nut

I have a triple basin Elkay Cuisine Decor stainless steel sink which uses a thin zink nut to hold the cup assy (my terminology) and drain to each basin. The first nut failure was on the left (most used) basin. I have been unable to find nuts locally (Ace and Lowe's). I tried a 1.5" conduit lock...
  7. Eddie_T

Kohler Lady Vanity Cartridge Drip

I have the Kohler Lady Vanity. It has gold plated 8 Inch spread faucets and swing spout with amber acrylic handles and shampoo sprayer. The hot water faucet has a stubborn drip even after new washer and seat installation. I am wondering whether to try a new stem assy and how to determine the...
  8. Eddie_T

Elkay Bar Faucet Drip

I have an Elkay bar faucet with two quarter turn handles. It was installed in 1973 and has just begun to drip on the hot water side. I removed the handle and the crown nut but cannot get the cartridge to budge. It appears to be plastic so I haven't tried too much force on the metal stem. Any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks