Search results

1. Safeire

Restarted well pump - 2 angle stops popped off

UPDATE The pressure tank ended up being fine. Replaced the angle stops. Plumber reset pressure from 30/50 to 40/60. Had to have the Well Pump itself replaced along with the wire - went from 1/2 hp to 3/4 hp. Everything working great now. Thanks to all for your input. Safeire
  2. Safeire

New Electric Hot Water Heater Trips Breaker

UPDATE The second electrician was here today. He diagnosed two primary issues-he found that the plumber had some exposed wire around a cap when he opened the thermostat controls on top of the WH. Second, he replaced the existing 20/20 breaker with a 30/30 breaker. Everything is working...
  3. Safeire

Electrial Requirements for Hot Water Heater

UPDATE The second electrician was here today. He diagnosed two primary issues-he found that the plumber had some exposed wire around a cap when he opened the thermostat controls on top of the WH. Second, he replaced the existing 20/20 breaker with a 30/30 breaker. Everything is working...
  4. Safeire

Thank you all for your responses. I contacted the original electrician with that question but have not heard anything back from him. I have called another electrician to assess. Based on everyone's feedback and my inspection based on those comments, I feel I need another opinion so that I...
  5. Safeire

Thank you, LLigetfa, for your response. He is a licensed electrician with 35 years experience so my expectation was that he would do some testing to diagnose where the problem was coming from. But, if 35+ years (or really, any # of years since I'm not a licensed electrician) experience allows...
  6. Safeire

Thank you, Nukeman, for the recommendations. I will take a look and see what I can find.
  7. Safeire

Wow...not sure how I could be convicted of hit and run when I just posted the additional details yesterday morning and I cannot check my email from work. I will look at the wire as suggested and take a picture if needed. The installed was a licensed plumber and the electrician licensed and had...
  8. Safeire

Thank you. The label says for the 208V, 4125 and for the 240V 5500.
  9. Safeire

I just had an electrician check out my hot water tank because it has flipped the breaker since it was first installed. This gentleman is telling me I need to have a new line put in between the hot water tank and the panel. All he did was walk around the basement but never actually checked...
  10. Safeire

Thanks to all for your feedback and assistance. I wish I had found this Forum BEFORE we purchased the Lowes/Whirlpool HWH. Unfortunately, now my choices are limited. Safeire
  11. Safeire

Yes, BobL43, they were compression fitting at the wall pipe side. I also thought this may have been from poor winterization, especially given the bitter cold we had here in northeast Ohio this past winter. I'm glad to know that the pressure shouldn't have been an issue. I plan to do a...
  12. Safeire

Many thanks! I appreciate all of the feedback and will check out the breaker and the wire and report back out on results. Yes, it is one of the smart efficiency models from Whirpool. Are there known issues with this model?
  13. Safeire

Thanks, Gary. I did try to get Lowes' installer involved but they believe they did everything correctly and won't even come back out to look at it. I've escalated it up to the store manager and the regional guy but until I can get some help from them, I'm on my own with a hot water tank that...
  14. Safeire

I had an 80 gallon electric unit installed by Lowes. We filled it with water, turned the breaker on, it begins cycling process, and then trips breaker within about 10-15 minutes of starting. Since I just bought the house through sheriff's sale, I don't have any history on the house other...
  15. Safeire

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Plumbing or Pump & Well Forum but here goes... Bought home through Sheriff's sale. It was a foreclosure that was vacant for some time. Mortgage company supposedly 'winterized' it late last fall. Over the weekend, we made our first attempt to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks