Search results

1. Mikeywell

Having unknown well problems: debris

OK. I don't think much bigger would make it past the pump screen. I saw the pump screen and honestly, I don't know how pebbles almost 1/8 inch are even making it into the pipe (past the pump screen)! Oh well... I used your advice and I've been cycling it full/off and I think it is helping...
  2. Mikeywell

Sounds like you are saying the guy hosed me by installing a down pipe that is too large. Not sure about that. We are getting 20-25 GPM at the head (before he connected the plumbing) and it can easily lift pebbles 1/16 to almost 1/8 inch in just a few seconds. If I turn my sprinklers on AND...
  3. Mikeywell

Thanks for the reply! The pump guy ran it full bore for about 15 minutes after he had installed it. Might need more I guess. You bring up a good point though. I wonder if there is a LOT more pebbly debris near the bottom of the pipe that never makes it up the pipe. Will that stuff just sit...
  4. Mikeywell

The outside of the PVC casing measures 5.5 inches so I guess that makes the ID 5 inches? Local driller recommended some sort of screen but wanted to charge $2500 installed. Already paid $3245 to get the new pump and piping (which I assume would have to come back out if I install a screen), so...
  5. Mikeywell

Last week my sand filter near the well head started clogging completely with just one run of the sprinkler system (in FL near Sarasota). Well driller came out and didn't uncap the well and look: just said it looked more like limestone and not sand and I should wait for it to clear because with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks