Search results

1. mechanoid

Clearing a fused Cast Iron Clean Out

My initial plan was to put a 4" --> 3" reducing Fernco coupling around the outside; I tested before cap extraction - it did fit. Thank you, cwhyu2, I appreciate your advice; yes, this will be primarily a clean-out (after I use the access for a temp toilet). I was advised to go the route you...
  2. mechanoid

Hi folks, First of all, thanks to 'kreemoweet', 'hj' and 'plumber2011'. This (intermediary) project has had successful resolution. @hj: I removed the fitting so as to tie a temporary toilet into the basement clean-out while I remodel the bathroom upstairs. Goal #1, access the clean-out –...
  3. mechanoid

I've been working at this SOB for several days. I've been taking my time as this is new to me. I've already curled out the lead seal, and scraped/vacuumed out all the old oakum to a depth of 2"+ (bottom of the bell): I've attempted to crack the clean out plug loose with my pipe wrench but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks