Search results

1. M

Slip joint on shower drain keeps leaking! Help!

Thanks for the help everybody - I dissassembled the joint, bought a new nut and washer and then reassembled with a hand tighten and then another quarter turn with the channel locks and presto - no more leak!
  2. M

HJ thanks for the response. So I'll give it another go with my PVC system. So for the slip joints - since both types (brass and pvc) have them does one have a better reputation? I'm pretty sure I have the washers going in the right way. On all my other joints (4 other pvc washer) haven't had...
  3. M

So I've recently renovated the bathroom. Including new steel tub, pluming, drains, floor, walls, etc. Now I'm trying to hook up the drain before going any further. I bought a standard pvc kit with a trip lever. My problem is that when I connect the drain shoe to the t-connector via slip...
  4. M

Nowhere to fasten my closet flange...Help!

HJ, the opening is between 6 and 6 1/4 in some spots...not a perfect circle. I see @ HD they sell a 7" extension flange ring. I believe that this would sit on the outer part of this circle and work for me. It's the Souix Chief ABS 7" Flange extension. Any thoughts. My other option I'm...
  5. M

John, The cast iron pipe and flange are removed. I cut it in the basement, about 2 ft. from the stack. I'm running new PVC all the way up to the flange. What I want to know is, I have a 6 1/4 wide hole in the floor now - once I put my tile down and I fasten the flange to the floor i want...
  6. M

When putting in the new subfloor we left the old cast iron pipe/bell/flange in place (Cutting holes in the floor to work around the pipe). After cutting this out due to holes in the old pipe, the opening left is about 6 1/4 inches. I'm having a hard time finding a flange that will be able to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks