Search results

1. Reboot

Help diagnosing well problems

I know it will not solve the problem. It's more like a bandaid. Knowing that 40 gal. an hour isn't much, I will probably use a rainwater recovery system too. Up here in the Cascades there is no shortage of rain. :-) Michael Global Family Survival
  2. Reboot

LLigetfa- Thanks for your input. You are the only one that has given an opinion on my plans. It seems logical to me . . . but I am not experienced with this so it's kind of a shot in the dark for me. Thank you. Hey ballvalve- I have plans for that too. I could dig a section of the creek down...
  3. Reboot

Hi Chris- I would agree with you but there _is_ a method to my madness. My wife and I are headed for a nice piece of property up here. On grid or off grid, we are learning to live a sustainable lifestyle. I have a blog site called Global Family Survival and we advocate things like renewable...
  4. Reboot

Thanks to all- I will look for a pressure gauge for measuring the pump output and a tire gauge for measuring pressure in the tank. As I said before, I ran garden hoses from the pump to the house which is 20' - 25' above the well and 125' away from the well. When I stand on my back porch the...
  5. Reboot

Thanks LLigetfa- How would I up the pressure ? By adding air to the pressure tank ? I am thinking of adding an 1100 gal tank up here by the house and pumping from the well to the storage tank. Then I would add a submersible pump inside the storage tank (tethered on/off switch) and relocate the...
  6. Reboot

Thanks DonL- The pressure switch was replaced a year ago. But I don't hear the pressure switch turn on. I wonder if there isn't enough pressure from the well pump to trigger the switch? I hesitate to pull the pump up because I don't know if the thing is just hanging in the well, or if the...
  7. Reboot

nod- OK, but when I open the hose bib at the pressure tank, wouldn't I see sand coming out the valve? Michael
  8. Reboot

Hi- The well pump will turn on about every 35 - 40 minutes. It will pump 20 gal. of water each time it cycles. All other times there is no pressure and no water. The garden hose to the house will output every 35-40 minutes, the stream is strong and will shoot a good 2 ft. out of a 5/8 hose for...
  9. Reboot

We have a hand dug well (depth unknown). We moved here 5 years ago and the first July the well went dry. We are renting so I notified the landlord. A pump company came out and pulled the original jet pump and installed a submersible pump with a tethered shut off. This was all done while I was at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks