Search results

1. Starglow

Annoying, Slow leak from Compression Nut on new Sink Supply valve

Was the supply pipe end bent, dented, crooked, out of round? Is the pipe clean with no solder on it? Any and all of those things can cause a leak. Make sure you seat the pipe fully inside the valve and it doesn't pull out as you tighten the nut. If all else fails, then you might have to resort...
  2. Starglow

Pegasus Verdanza, Need help identifying part - faucet quick-connect hose

My neighbor ran onto that after having his granite kitchen counter top installed. We ended up cutting off the plastic connectors and using brass connectors. I'm not sure that will work on the faucet end in your case unless you can reuse that connector without it leaking, but the other two...
  3. Starglow

Redo cold water lines for water softener

You didn't specify if you're on city water or a well unless I've overlooked it. Adding pressure gauges is fine however I really don't think that is necessary because water pressure normally fluctuates during the day which may provide a false gauge indicator of the filter cartridge condition...
  4. Starglow

Broken ABS shower drain... fix suggestions?

That's a good question. There is no tension on the pipe that I can see and there are no pipe straps, but I've never seen a P-trap split completely in half like that so the mystery remains unsolved at this point.
  5. Starglow

Redo cold water lines for water softener

This is what I did on mine: The blue shut off valve on the left is the main water line feed coming into the garage from under the house off the pressure regulator. I highly recommend adding a shut off valve for easier access in an emergency (mine was under the house), plus it makes...
  6. Starglow

Thank you plumber2011 for the detailed drawing and instructions. I tried turning it off, but it won't budge, so I'll have to cut it off. Whatever glue or sealer they put on there is pretty tough stuff because I picked at it on the top edge with a small screwdriver hoping to break the bond, but...
  7. Starglow

Thanks for the help guys. I'm usually good with plumbing, but this one is a pain. Today I cut the old P-trap out and the drain base is definitely cast iron. I'll see if I can break the coupler loose, but otherwise will use my handy hacksaw that has saved me many times. Don't worry... I...
  8. Starglow

All of the joints look glued in to me and I can't see any threads showing anywhere. There is no inside drain pipe showing either and it looks like the P-trap is just glued on externally to the shower drain housing with a coupler connection. Unless I can remove the old pipe and still have...
  9. Starglow

Ok....I think I understand what you''re saying and was thinking the entire assembly was molded ABS and not cast iron. I have a Dremel tool so that should help to carefully cut out the old pipe from the drain. Thanks for the help...! 8-)
  10. Starglow

That would not be possible without breaking out the floor tile, which I'm not doing unless absolutely necessary. Some day this bathroom will be completely remodeled, but can't do that right now.
  11. Starglow

Can I just glue in a coupler to connect the two pieces back together or would that not be an adequate repair? Definitely want to fix this right the first time before the drywall is replaced.
  12. Starglow

Is ABS plumbing biodegradable? What caused this shower trap to break? I can certainly cut it off on the pipe end to replace the trap, but how can I salvage the shower drain flange in this situation without having to bust up the tile to replace it? Should I be concerned about other possible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks