Search results

1. pikabb

Sump Basin - Perforated or Solid?

I agree and that’s what I’m trying to figure out :) My own hypothesis is that with perforations there may be excess water removal happening from the water table which isn’t necessary. That and the water entering the basin from the drain pipes will just recirculate back into the ground. I’ve...
  2. pikabb

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way I can check? The drainage pipe appears to run along the perimeter of the basement, under the slab, and next to the footings. There appears to be a bed of gravel under the entire slab though.
  3. pikabb

I'm replacing the sump basin/liner in my home which is currently a perforated 5 gallon bucket surrounded by gravel. I have an interior drain system that has two pipes terminating into the gravel pit area (but not into the basin itself - the water dumps into the gravel and through the holes in...
  4. pikabb

Waste Pipe Leaking

Thanks for the replies. I had a plumber come in yesterday (I am not comfortable replacing pipes). Turns out I may have a major problem on my hands. In addition to this leaking pipe, I had water leaking into my kitchen, which I thought was from a faulty seal on the upstairs toilet (had a...
  5. pikabb

Waste Pipe Leaking

Thanks for the replies. I am pretty sure the copper pipe is coming from the dishwasher, which is located right above this basement section (it is never used as we always hand wash). The "larger section" you guys are referring to is a "T" that is combining the copper pipe and other, larger pipe...
  6. pikabb

Waste Pipe Leaking

Hi, I have a leak in the waste pipe coming from my kitchen sink and dishwasher (I think?). The pipe leads into my main waste line, and has one large (cast iron?) pipe leading into it as well as a skinny copper pipe (could this skinny pipe really be a waste line?). The leak is after those two...
  7. pikabb

A Little Help: Toilet Leaking?

Thank you so much for the replies. I am going to purchase the wax rings and finish the repair tonight. Just to make sure I am doing things right, I should use a ring like the one on the left directly on top of the flange, and then a ring like the one on the right on top of the first ring? I'm...
  8. pikabb

Thanks for the reply. So all I should do is rip off the old wax ring, and place two new rings under the bowl? I don't need to worry about flange extenders? Do I need to put anything between the two rings, or they will just seal together? Thanks again.
  9. pikabb

Hi, I stumbled across this forum while researching a recent problem I have had in my house. I am a relatively new home owner and am trying to learn as much as I can (and save money) by fixing things myself. A few months ago a had a problem where if I poured a bucked of water into the toilet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks