Search results

1. Soca

Confusing Toilet Swirl and Flush

Intermittently I get a toilet bowl swirl with no regular flush. BUT, when it swirls the contents sitting in the bowl usually clears like it would with a normal flush ? That seems unusual. What would cause this to happen ? I played with the flapper by holding it momentarily to allow for more...
  2. Soca

Possible Vent Pipe Blockage ?

If there is an internal crack where would the water go ? Would the water work it's way out onto the floor ? Thanks !
  3. Soca

The Master toilet has been sitting unused for about 10 hours. The water level has dropped about 3/4 inch. Most of this drop happened shortly after flushing. I will use the hall toilet and let the Master toilet sit unused for at least a 24 hour period. I'd like to see if the drop in water level...
  4. Soca

Then, depending on the stack configuration, it is possible for there to be a vent blockage that would affect one toilet and not the other ? BTW, if the toilet bowl water level drop is due to some degree of vent pipe obstruction will the water level in the bowl continue to drop until the bowl is...
  5. Soca

As I originally stated, the hall toilet water level in the bowl is fine. Does that rule out a blocked vent as the cause of the problem in the Master toilet ? Would it be of any use to go up on the roof and inspect the vent pipe ? Maybe run a section of garden hose down the pipe ?
  6. Soca

I flushed the hall toilet then immediately checked the Master toilet. The only thing that I noticed was a slight movement of the water in the Master toilet bowl. If it's a leak, where could it be ? I examined the area around the Master toilet and I don't find any water.
  7. Soca

Slow drop, maybe 1/2 inch initially then another ~ inch drop over a 24 hour period. BTW, there is another roof vent in the general area but not as close to that specific area.
  8. Soca

I have a toilet in the hall bathroom and another one in the Master bathroom. They are positioned back-to-back fairly close to each other. I see only one roof vent in that area. Is it correct to assume that these two toilets are sharing one vent ? The water level in the Master toilet slowly drops...
  9. Soca

Water leak from top of faucet cartridge

I wrapped the hot cartridge ( around the area of the o-ring ) with Teflon tape. Reassembled and tested. No leak. I did the same with the cold cartridge and tested. The cold faucet still leaks around the handle AND I noticed that it caused the hot handle to leak. Hmmm ? What would cause that ?
  10. Soca

Replacement Spring and Seat For Bathroom Faucet

The seat and spring repair kit for my Valley bathroom faucet contain the spring, a white plastic insert and the rubber cap. Should the plastic insert for the spring go into the top or bottom of the spring ? Also, should the rubber seat ( cap ) be pushed down firmly or loosely over the spring ...
  11. Soca

Water leak from top of faucet cartridge

I have a persistent water leak from the handle area of my old Valley bathroom faucet. Cartridge, seat and spring replaced but no improvement.The leak is worse when the water is turned on. I took the faucet handle off and later noticed that water was coming up thru the hole at the top of the...
  12. Soca

Valley bathroom faucet leak at handle base

Terry : Should the rubber seal that covers the spring be pushed down into the hole as far as possible ? Also, even though the o-ring looks thin the stem opening for the cartridge is a tight fit that won't allow for a larger o-ring. As a last resort could I lay down some teflon rope where the...
  13. Soca

Valley bathroom faucet leak at handle base

My ( old Valley ) bathroom sink hot and cold faucets leak at the handle base when the faucet is turned on. In one faucet I cleaned up the walls of the stem, replaced the spring and seat and put in a new cartridge. I tightened down the bonnet nut securely. It still leaks ! Any idea as to the...
  14. Soca

Water draining into overflow tube

Thanks. I just happened to have an extra FluidMaster 400A fill valve. So, I replaced the fill valve which resolved the leak BUT the the swirling /very weak flush remains a problem with both toilets. They are the water saving style toilets. I've cleaned and bored the water jets, etc. but no...
  15. Soca

Thanks. I noticed that right after a flush the tank water level settles approx. 1/2 inch below the top of the overflow tube. But, then the water level starts to gradually rise until it reaches the top of the overflow tube.
  16. Soca

Intermittently water from the refill tube is flowing into the overflow tube when my toilet is unused. The tank water level is right up to the top of the overflow tube. Is that the cause ? Or, what would be causing this and how do I fix it ? Thanks much for any help.
  17. Soca

Backyard Faucet Repair

I may have mislabeled the nut. I'm speaking about the thin nut that's screwed to the base.
  18. Soca

Backyard Faucet Repair

My backyard faucet is dripping. I have a spare faucet that I can use for replacement parts. The packing nut on the leaking faucet seems to be frozen. I've been trying Liquid Wrench, hair dryer heat, tapping, scraping, etc. but no give. I'm afraid to exert too much pressure for fear of damaging...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks