Search results

1. Olimazi

Boiler sizing

Trying to size a new gas boiler. I have a 1,400 square foot ranch in central NJ, 08876. Hot water heat. I have 110 feet of baseboard. I multiplied that number by 600 to get 66,000 BTU. Looking at a slant/fin sentry S-90, 90,000 input, 76,000 output, 66,000 net IBR rating. Thanks guys.
  2. Olimazi

Chimney tiles...

Currently have an old oil fired boiler vented out the chimney. Replacing it with a new gas boiler, atmospheric vent and I want to use the existing chimney to vent it. Let me know what you guys think of these pics from a visual inspection after a sweep was done...
  3. Olimazi

Oil Tank

Hey guys, I have an oil fired boiler with a 250 gallon tank above ground - oil line fed from the bottom. Recently some oil company filled my tank without my permission. They said they can come pump it out - but I am hesitant on allowing them to do it in fear of my tank being damaged...
  4. Olimazi

American Standard Arcoliner - Control for Domestic Hot Water

I got an old American Standard Arcoliner oil fired boiler w/ tankless coil for DHW which we just converted to a 40 gal electric hot water heater. The coil is cut off - so no water feeds into it, the pipes have been rerouted to the water heater. However I still have the boiler on - I don't want...
  5. Olimazi

Tankless Coil - which way to clean?

I have a 5gpm tankless coil in my oil fired boiler; I've come to the conclusion that it's clogged with minerals from the hard water out of my well. The cold water pressure is fine - the hot out of the coil is low. I found a guy to clean the coil for $225 (I can do it myself with a small...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks