Search results

1. Mike1059

Internittant Problem with Hunter controller

What you describe sounds like an intermitant short, probably in the common wire. I would check the wire connections and probably redo them even if they look good. I have had many cases where a connection looks good but still causes a problem until it's redone.
  2. Mike1059

new valve doesn't work

I would check the center flow control knob on the valve to make sure it is open enough. Sometimes they can be turned closed from the factory without being noticed before being installed.
  3. Mike1059

Leaking Febco backflow valve, only when 1 specific zone starts?

I'm going to guess that station 4 is your largest zone, probably with rotor or impact heads and the sudden loss of pressure when the zone activates is what is causing the backflow to open. Installing a pressure regulator after the pvb should stop the discharge. Other then that the system seems...
  4. Mike1059

The next thing to check is if there is a master valve installed before the pvb. If there is then the pvb is acting normaly. Also the master valve should have been installed after the pvb just to prevent your current trouble.
  5. Mike1059

New House - Irrigation System - HOW DOES THIS WORK?!

It sounds like you need to find one more valve near the water source. This can normaly be found near the meter but if your source is from the house it could be inside.
  6. Mike1059

Rainbird 32SA problem

I normaly see this happen as a zone starts till it reaches full pressure to seal the heads. Since these heads need about 30psi to seal I would go ahead and change the nozzles and see what improvement you get.
  7. Mike1059

manifold diagnostics

The first question is it a single valve that is the problem or all the valves at the manifold. I it is a single valve then it's probably a broken or bad connected station wire. If it's more than one valve it's probably the common wire but the trouble is the wiring.
  8. Mike1059

I have to ask if your water source is a well feeding a tank. The only way I know to get that effect from a pvb is if the main line pressure drops below a certain level till the pump catches up. Try programing a delay between stations 3-4 and 6-7 and that should stop the leak.
  9. Mike1059

Installing sprinkler shut off valve below frostline

although I'm unfamiliar with the codes in your area, it's best if a shut-off valve and backflow preventer are installed at 36" inside a valve box for access then bring your line up to 12" for your electric valves and station lines.
  10. Mike1059

System won't shut off

it sounds like the zone 1 valve needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I usualy see this problem when a diaphram goes bad or a lot of debris has got into the valve.
  11. Mike1059

Sprinkler Heads

at that spacing and with a lower flow rate and pressure the rain bird 3504 would be a better choice. it's designed for just your requirements
  12. Mike1059

Flower Bed Remote Faucet: what type of piping to use?

sorry, no pictures since I rarely use poly but LOWES or any home improvement store should be able to show you a comparison between the different grades.
  13. Mike1059

160 would be good. that would handle any possible surges in water pressure which is the main risk with any piping.
  14. Mike1059

although I do not use poly myself if what you get is rated for about 120 psi it will handle the static pressure just fine. I've seen poly used for irrigation main lines which are under pressure the whole season and have no problems.
  15. Mike1059

Sprinkler zone not working

as a test you can switch solenoids with another valve to see if your problem moves to the new valve. that said, in my experiance what youve said tells me that the solenoid is bad and needs to be replaced.
  16. Mike1059

Starting design - check my flow/pressure please

it will be my guess that they will recomend three maybe four zones for the grass and one for the beds. as for valve placement a single manifold will likely be the recomendation.
  17. Mike1059

although the friction loss will not be that much the smaller pipe will increase the velocity thus increasing friction loss. As far as valve placement that varies by designer. For the design most of the big names like rain bird or hunter have free design links on their site home pages.
  18. Mike1059

your numbers look good so far. the next question is where you plan to connect your system to your water source. the best place would be within a couple of feet of the meter. then factor in friction loss and flow rates for your planned heads. I would plan on using a 1' backflow, 1" mainline pipe...
  19. Mike1059

No pressure on pop-up lawn sprinklers after replacing them

sorry my instructions were a little hard to understand. first the parts and tools- 1 pvc saw, pvc cement and primer, 1 valve, 1 expandable repair coupling. 1 male adaptor, plumbers thread tape. second, removing the old valve- make two cuts in the pipe on the out flow side of the valve, this will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks