Search results

1. dave2gear

branch arm length if not stack venting

thanks HJ, I now see that the 1/8" slope is only for larger pipe..... Section 708.0: Horizontal drainage piping shall be run in practical alignment and a uniform slope of not less than one-fourth inch per foot or two percent toward the point of disposal provided that where its impractical due...
  2. dave2gear

branch arm length if not stack venting

If a shower is directly connected to a 2" vertical vent that goes through the roof, (only fixture using this vent stack) how do I calculate the branch arm length? Can I divide the branch arm diameter by the downward slope? Say 2" diameter divided by 1/8" downward slope = 16' of branch arm? I...
  3. dave2gear

need help with IPC code

thanks for quick response Michael and Terry,I feel kind of dumb with the venting mistake. I missed the point of it needeing to be 6" above flood rim of what your draining. I can't bring the vent upward above kitchen, the wall above sink has been removed (not by me). back to drawing board. Glad...
  4. dave2gear

need help with IPC code

Hello folks-great site. I have not posted before. Can anybody look at my drain/vent scheme and give advice? I am replacing the ancient 4" cast drain and all the terribly connected fittings on 1915 house. I'm using a rubber no-hub to connect new 4" ABS to 4" cut stack in basement. Used 2 stack...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks