Search results

1. Plumber2011

Tee or wye

It depends on what is above the sanitary tee fitting, if anything, and if there is already a 3" or larger vent pipe going out the roof of the house? Also, why are you running 3" in the first place...what fixture is this we are talking about??
  2. Plumber2011

wye or what

Hi guys I think you would be better off ending the toilet run in 4"x3" elbow and installing a 3"x2" wye fitting, rolled above the centerline of the toilet drain pipe...makes for a better vent relationship to the toilet drain line...see image below.
  3. Plumber2011

Caulk: Silicone,Polyseamseal, Hercules or Other?

Hi Molo Liquid nails sells a specific TUB SURROUND CAULKING...see image. This will definitely be the best bet for plastic surround panels as you can be sure the caulking won't bleed through the plastic panel as some other caulking can. It should be available at any home depot or lowes...
  4. Plumber2011

Tee or wye

As Jimbo said, you MUST use a sanitary tee fitting here. See drawing below for a visual on what we are talking about, OK? If you are worried about snaking the drain then install a TEST TEE fitting in the vent above the sanitary tee fitting if the test tee fitting will be readily accessible..
  5. Plumber2011

Help with 2" Cast Iron Hub

If you go PVC install a PVC manhoff fitting (only found at a local plumbing supply store or online) into the hub first and then use oakum and lead or oakum and a LEAD SUBSTITUTE to seal the fitting into the cast hub...see images. Here, the PVC manhoff fitting is very thick and easily withstands...
  6. Plumber2011

Single to Double Sink Vanity (again)

Hi Benjm... I'm pretty sure this is what Terry was talking about (see image). You are best to simply stub the sanitary tee straight out for the sink on the right.
  7. Plumber2011

Flat Vent

The flat section that rises to the vent won't have any solids introduced to it as the wet vented section is washed by the tub. You are picking at very subtle issues here, Tom and it is NOT helping anyone at all. Have a good day. I'm off to work but will check back later tonight!! Thanks!
  8. Plumber2011

Flat Vent

Again, you are mixing terms here. That is a wet vent....period! I'm not going to go into exactly how many engineering degrees, or prosthetics and electrical degrees I have...not important to prove anything to you. You also can't insult me or even upset me as your opinion is not importanmt...
  9. Plumber2011

Can a vanity drain be installed around a corner

HJ, if you are going to quote me, please be complete. I said, "Here, in most states, the sink DRAIN must be between 3' (most states) to 5' from the vent, at a maximum..." But you missed that part, huh? I think that was pretty clear and didn't need any additional input from you, but it's OK as...
  10. Plumber2011

Flat Vent

Yet here at this thread (click below) where I drew up a WET VENT (post #9) you called it a FLAT VENT (post #10), Tom?? In fact, that is what started this thread...isn't it? Yet all I was proposing in that thread was to roll the wye up as shown above and use the tub to wet vent the...
  11. Plumber2011

Flat Vent

As HJ said, "That is why flat vents almost ALWAYS are required to have some other fixture, such as a sink, connected to it to keep it flushed out". I see no issue with flat venting as long as the horizontal run is as short as possible AND a sink and/or tub are connected...see image.
  12. Plumber2011

Please help with Small bathroom DWV in floor on slab ... no wall space

Tom said, "And.... I doubt the AAV on the washer will fly either or at least is shouldn't, after all what good would it be since it allows air in and the washer pushes air out?". Tom, I never said to put the washing machine on an AAV. If you actually read my post I said, "but that washer...
  13. Plumber2011

Can a vanity drain be installed around a corner

Hi HB, You asked, "Can the drain for a bathroom vanity go around a corner before connecting to a properly sized wet vent?". As Tom pointed out, yes it can, but first we need to know the distance from the "future wet vent" and the sink? Here, in most states, the sink DRAIN must be between 3'...
  14. Plumber2011

Please help with Small bathroom DWV in floor on slab ... no wall space

Hi John, I'm thinking you could just WET VENT the toilet using the tub drain and that 2" vent through the roof. You would set the 3"x2"wye for the tub and 2" vent through the roof so that it rolled above the center line of the toilet drain...what makes it a vent in this case (see image...
  15. Plumber2011

White solids in sewage ejection basin tank - what are they?

Ng said, "and we do not pour grease down the kitchen drain", so that only left soap or some other scummy materials, but I gotta say that I have to agree with your assessment CC and HJ...sounded like grease/soap to me, too!
  16. Plumber2011

Main Water Valve in House

I did research these...no issues beyond mistakes in installing them like not deburring the ends of pipes or not pushing the fittings on correctly. Can you provide any real information showing these are "abortions" as you called them...:p ? Not that I doubt you can find a few posts frowning on...
  17. Plumber2011

Mass. code will allow them, but I never install them...strictly for homeowners in my book. However, I gotta figure you never used one 'cause sharkbite fittings are built like a tank and work very well without any issues that I have heard about??
  18. Plumber2011

White solids in sewage ejection basin tank - what are they?

Hi Ng, The specification sheet on this pump suggests that it is the proper pump for your application as long as you have a 2" discharge pipe with a check valve in it and a 2" vent coming out of the pit that terminates through the roof. The discharge pipe should also have a small hole in it...
  19. Plumber2011

Hi Fudog, IF you use a sharkbite shutoff then it can be removed very easily by using a sharkbite disconnect tool...see image below. Here, you simply push the disconnect tool against the "release collar" of the sharkbite fitting and then pull the pipe out of the shutoff. You can check out...
  20. Plumber2011

New Electric Hot Water Heater Trips Breaker

Hi Chris (whirlpool guy)... I don't think that anything has been established here concerning the exact cause of Safeire's problem. In fact, I'm betting that we have a bad breaker or some other issue, but the heater has definitely NOT been shown to be the issue in this case at this time...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks