Search results

1. coyote

Baffled: Why no back up in bath tub?

Yes that makes sense--the lower clog caused a back up in the pipe which caused another clog in the toilet, allowing water to reach a level higher than the tub. Thanks!
  2. coyote

Baffled: Why no back up in bath tub?

The toilet was backed up full and not flushing. I opened a cleanout in the main drain where it enters the septic tank; found the pipe was full of water. I cleared a clog at the entrance to the tank, the water gushed into the tank, and the toilet now flushes fine. What I don't get is why water...
  3. coyote

Sub pump 370' down on poly pipe?

Actually, there are another 25 feet of head to the top of the tanks--so 400 total feet of head if the water level gets down near the pump. Did you pull that 350' with just hands? Hey Ballvalve, do you know Mark and Penny by some chance? They are music friends of mine in Northfork.
  4. coyote

Well (no pun intended), I guess it looks like the truck and crew are the way to go...But I always like a challenging project and usually do all my own building, plumbing, electrical, mechanicing, etc. Thanks for all the replies.
  5. coyote

The water level is down at about 350'. So I definitely would need a hoist of some sort.
  6. coyote

I was wondering how you grip poly pipe to attach a cable if you are lifting it, say 10 feet a a time, and have to keep reattaching the hoist cable. It seems the pipe would squash very easily...
  7. coyote

My 1.5 Hp sub pump is hanging on 370 feet of 1.25" galvanized pipe. It will need replacing soon, and I am interested in installing the new pump with polyethylene roll pipe and a stainless cable so that I could possibly remove it myself with a winch instead of having to employ the two guys and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks