Search results

1. DanT

Remodeling bathroom with custom vanity question.

try here: http://www.amerock.com/ http://www.doorware.com/site/product.cfm?id=43405 http://www.homedecorhardware.com/omnia-hardware.html also try using a search engine (google, altavista, yahoo search) and type in what you are looking for
  2. DanT

Best Submersible Pumps

no idea here. havent dealt with submersibles for 35 years
  3. DanT

New water heater, dripping water in tank?

i remember hearing that when i first started installing gas water heaters. we figured out it was condensation from the cold water in the tank and the hot flame under it caused it stopped shortly after we fired the tank up.
  4. DanT

Ceramic Floor tile adhesive cure time

if the mastic isnt dry yet now would be a good time to pull them up and clean off all the mastic and use a good thinset to put them down. a guy put tile in my uncles house with the premixed stuff and he had to stay out of the kitchen for 3 days and after that still had tiles cracking. what type...
  5. DanT

Flange opening minimums

that 2 inch pipe is for the shower drain. for a toilet you need at least 3 inch pipe. you would probably have to break up the floor and find the sewer and cut a wye into it for the toilet or break up the floor and let a plumber do it for you.
  6. DanT

Tub overflow issue .. legal? Picture included

how tall is the beam. i used to have to notch joists to get tub drains in but no more then 1-1/2 inches and steel tubs set higher so those would almost clear without notching. how about raising the tub so you have clearance for the drain. normally if you use a waste and overflow the trap needs...
  7. DanT

Machine Gun Shower

the house we moved into last year had a noise when we would run water. turned out to be the water meter. the guy that changed it said he had changed a lot of them.
  8. DanT

Help! Kitchen sink lock nut on drain flange won't tighten!

those strainers with the big ring underneath are crap. always liked the ones with the big cup spacer and the 1-1/2 nut on the bottom.
  9. DanT

rolled vs. cut threads

the rolled threads are rounded whereas machined threads would be sharp at the edges
  10. DanT

Odor under kitchen sink

how old is the disposal? does it have something wrapped around the middle of it for noise? i have had older disposals corrode through under the outer cover and when you use it little bits of garbage are thrown into the space behind the outer cover. they dont always leak enough to be noticed.
  11. DanT

Kitchen Sink Drain Leak

try switching the nuts. i used to run into this all the time with those type of strainers. the plastic nuts seemed to fit better then the nuts that came with them. the nut that isnt working is kinda short so a deeper brass nut would probably work also.
  12. DanT

New bathroom, new toilet, water in bowl dissapears - bad toilet or vent problem?

its probably a pinhole between the trap and the bowl. i had that happen twice in 20 years. you said it was a cheap toilet. spend a little more for a name brand one.
  13. DanT

Master bath slight replumb

that looks good except i dont see a vent for the tub. for the shower i would head right for the shower and put a tee or a wye in the line and roll it up at least 45 degrees to take off for the vent. it only needs to be 1-1/2 for the vent.
  14. DanT

Curious about insulating walls

insulating a screened porch is just a waste of money but hey it's your money.
  15. DanT

Master bath slight replumb

do you have the 3" drain for the shower yet? i dont think you can make a 3" p-trap fit in the floor, there isnt enough depth. how are you getting the 3" pipe to the shower? not through the joists i hope. the tub is already past the distance for venting. its usually 5 feet for 1-1/2 drain and 6...
  16. DanT

Electric Meter Running fast

I think i would throw the heater out and get a fat girl (|:>)
  17. DanT

Proper moving of stove, fridge and DW to not damage vinyl floor?

we used to use these a lot in the higher end homes we worked on http://www.shagtools.com/tools/National-Handi-Skids-4-set-of-2-55-93.cfm
  18. DanT

dangerous bathroom leak

a couple of things i have run into over the years. i have had the arm for the shower head split on the threads and leak water inside the wall when the shower was on. when they started making tub spouts with an o-ring for a seal i also ran into a few where the installer was a little careless and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks