Search results

1. JK60

Pressure Regulator Question

That is a good question to which I don't have an answer. Suffice it to say, that I am happy with the way things are and in no hurry to bring in inspectors for this installation. To the best of my knowledge most of the homes on my block have sprinkler systems without a BFP. Nobody in SF wants...
  2. JK60

To put a final touch to this thread, I've installed a pressure regulator outside, covered it with a Foam Rock valve cover, and replaced the damaged sprinklers. Banging of pipes during cycling of sprinklers has been eliminated, and everything seems to be working without any problems. I would...
  3. JK60

Gary, thank you for your input. I guess I was under the assumption that PRVs, by virtue of their design, allow water flow in forward direction only and not back. With that in mind I thought the PRV on the sprinkler side would offer the required degree of protection against cross contamination...
  4. JK60

Here is an interesting question, not related though to above or below ground installation. I currently do not have a BFP. If I do install a PRV for the sprinklers plus I already have a PRV for household requirements, do I need a BFP?
  5. JK60

Gary, I am not sure who your response was directed to. If it was to me, i had no intention of installing the PRV underground. To repeat, I currently do have a PRV that controls the water pressure inside the house and it is located inside, in the basement area. Because of accessibility, it is...
  6. JK60

Looking at the Watts PRVs specs, there appear to be specific models designated for "accessible outdoor or pit installation". My unit does not have this designation. Does that mean that it cannot be used outside, or is it still useable, but perhaps with a protective insulating box over the PRV...
  7. JK60

The down side of replacing the sprinklers is that there are about 40 of them, so it could be a costlly proposition. However it is a good idea and I will have to explore the availability of sprinklers designed to operate at higher PSI.
  8. JK60

Jadnashua and Gary Swart - Thank you for your input. The spec sheet for the sprinklers states maximum operational pressure of 75 psi. So I am way above that. Did not pay attention to this issue because problems did not occur until the water meter was replaced with a smart meter. Since then...
  9. JK60

A few years ago I had sprinklers installed in my front yard, and interestingly enough there was no pressure regulator installed even though the pressure at my house is about 110 psi. Recently the local water company installed a new water meter and since then I have experienced an alarming...
  10. JK60

Leaking Faucet

Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out at Lowe's. You are absolutely right that it is the bottom seal that is leaking. I replaced the seal awhile back with a generic seal from a hardware store (had to trim it a bit to fit), and it stopped the leak. It is good to know that a...
  11. JK60

Hot Water Dispenser Leaks

The tank is held to a cabinet wall with two screws. There are three quick disconnect lines going from the faucet to the top of the tank. That is all there is to it. I have no problem calling a professional if a repair is beyond my capabilities, but the tank replacement in this case is way...
  12. JK60

So just to paraphrase this again. I would like to get either a stainless steel or lead free brass bulkhead fitting for my ISE tank. The size I need is 1/8” pipe bulkhead fitting with about a 3/4-20 OD for the threaded port that goes through the tank. Does anyone know of a source for these...
  13. JK60

Insinkerator is the manufacturer of the hot water dispenser. I did the installation. It is a fairly simple job. The tank is 2 years old (2/3 gallon), and is still under warranty, so I am getting a replacement tank from ISE. I would like to fix the leak in the original tank and use it as a...
  14. JK60

I have an ISE H-990 hot water dispenser that started leaking. The leak is coming from the seal between the stainless steel tank (model SST) and the plastic fitting attached to the top of the tank. The tank is a two piece unit, so after dis-assembly there is accessibility to both sides of the...
  15. JK60

Tankless water heater - help select one

Those were pretty much my exact words to the neighbor, but...
  16. JK60

Tankless water heater - help select one

Expensive!!! My neighbor just had a Takagi installed as a replacement to a 50 gallon State water heater that started leaking. I don't have any details as to the Takagi model number, or what exactly had to be done for this installation, but the cost was about $5,000.
  17. JK60

Water Heater Leak - Help!!!

I didn't know that a plumber would have been able to expedite a replacement without contacting Rheem. That's good information for the future. However the "lifeblood" of a DIYer is to do the work himself. Where is the fun in subcontracting the job to somebody else...
  18. JK60

Installed my replacement water heater today. Rheem Tech Support and Claims Departments were great. I've explained the problem, and they immediately authorized a replacement. Did not have to make an appointment and wait for an authorized representative to check and confirm the problem...
  19. JK60

I've set the expansion tank pressure to match that of the pressure regulator - 60 psi.
  20. JK60

Actually 4 year life for this water heater. The recirculation pump was installed about 2 years ago, so it does seems strange that it would cause a rupture within such a short time span.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks