Search results

1. bgauweiler

Any real advantage to soft water resin rinse?

I'm on municipal water supply (so I do not think I have a iron problem). Water hardness is 20 Grains. It's just the wife and me in the house now so I'm looking at a 26 or 32K system. I do like the idea of not having to have a full day of reserve capacity possibly wasted (as with a single tank...
  2. bgauweiler

Any real advantage to soft water resin rinse?

Is there any real benefit to regenerating with softened water (from a second tank)? Several manufactures specifically mention this feature of there system as a way to increase resin life and save water and salt.
  3. bgauweiler

Questions from a man on a softener quest...

Gary, Is there any advantage to a twin tank system (I'm looking at a 26K Synergy system with Fleck 9100 SXT controller on uswatersystem.com)? This system uses soft water to regenerate and fill the brine tank. Is there any significant advantage to that? Bernie
  4. bgauweiler

Gary, What are your thoughts on this system Synergy Continuos twin-alternating 26K system
  5. bgauweiler

Hi rjh2o, Thank you for your response... In you calculation: "Here is an example of sizing, regen cycles and flow rates using a capacity of 45k. 20 gpg x 300 gallons (4 people) = 6000 grains per day usage 45k - 20% reserve = 36k practical capacity / 6000 = 6 days between regenerations." Is...
  6. bgauweiler

Good Evening all, I've read a few threads trying to educate myself about what to look for (and look out for) when purchasing a water softening solution for my new home. So far I've received quotes from Culligan (who tested my water and said I had 20 grains), Kinetico, a local plumbing firm...
  7. bgauweiler

DIY Water Testing

I recently purchased a new home and believe we have hard water (I've heard hard water is very common in this area). I've had a Culligan representative come to the house and he conducted a "water test" and determined my water was 20 "grains"... Can anyone recommend a good DIY water testing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks