Search results

1. WillieK

Nut-Locker

I've recently noticed that several restaurants including McDonald's has installed what is called a "Nut-Locker" on their commodes and urinals. What is the purpose of these "Nut Lockers"? They seem to just spin on the plumbing pipes.
  2. WillieK

Necessity of Vacuum Relief Valve - Not Pressure Relief Valve

Hi everyone, My new water heater states: "Install vacuum relief in cold water inlet line as required by local codes". My inspector says I need one. I read on one of the old posts that you only need one if your water heater is on an upper floor or in the attic. Mine is in the attic. What...
  3. WillieK

Can all brass full port ball valves be used for hot water?

Thanks for your reply. What would the white spots signify?
  4. WillieK

Uponor Aquapex Tubing and Ultraviolet Light

I did a little research and it seems like UV rays can be reflected - even off of the concrete porch floor. However, not sure how much would actually be reflected - especially up 9 feet high?
  5. WillieK

Can all brass full port ball valves be used for hot water?

I would like to replace my water heater drain with the following valve: LDR 3/4 Inch Full Port Ball Valve. 1. Can this valve be used for hot water purposes? 2. Is LDR a good brand? 3. Can all full port brass ball valves be used for hot water purposes?
  6. WillieK

Uponor Aquapex Tubing and Ultraviolet Light

Can this pex be installed in an attic close to an exterior wall where it gets indirect sunlight from an unsealed porch.
  7. WillieK

Wisbro Tubing - Possible Cons?

What keeps the copper manifold in this picture from flopping around? I don't see anything other than the flexible pex holding it in place?
  8. WillieK

Why would pex cause restriction but not copper?
  9. WillieK

Thanks! From what I have read in the past, I will have to agree.
  10. WillieK

Wirsbo Tubing - Possible Cons? I am fixing to plumb a new construction in South East Texas. Single story with a 50% floored attic that will be used about once a week. The home is going to be completely sealed (walls and underside of roof deck) with spray foam insulation. The attic will be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks