Search results

1. Feyd83

Multiple Clogs in Cast Iron Drain Line

Ok, so we had a different plumbing company out today that charged a lot less for the camera inspection. They went through the same toilet and the way I understood it is that they could not go through the cleanout because it only sweeps toward the street main line. I watched while they went...
  2. Feyd83

I have one other question also..we have a ground-level cleanout in front of our house. The plumbers have told us that it is much cheaper to do drain cleaning if we have one of these, yet every time they end up saying they have to pull up the toilet. Are ground-level cleanouts just useless if the...
  3. Feyd83

Hi all, I posted on here previously about a back-up we had that was affecting one of our bathrooms. The toilet was removed and the drain line was routed with a powered auger. That was back in mid-August. We are in a small two bathroom condo, both are on a slab with cast iron drains in the...
  4. Feyd83

Toilet Overflow/Drainage Issues - 1 Bathroom Only

Thanks for the advice everyone. If anyone knows of a reputable plumber they would recommend in the Metro Atlanta area, can you please PM the name?
  5. Feyd83

I think we will have to do that. I'm also concerned about the plumber's use of the FlowEasy drain cleaner. It is 94% sulphuric acid with buffers. It says it is safe for metal pipes but I have read elsewhere that sulfuric acid down cast iron pipes can be very bad. He also told us we should pour...
  6. Feyd83

Yes we are on a slab. I googled this some more and it sounds like our house was built right before they stopped using cast iron in slabs. Great, now we have a pitted cast iron system that will probably fail at any moment! I can only guess that the previous owners abused drain cleaners because...
  7. Feyd83

That's what I figured as well, that everything would be ABS. We will try a few simple things on the sink drain. We really haven't bothered with it yet since we are planning on replacing the vanity and augering it then. I do think the wax seal on the toilet was bad because the water was coming...
  8. Feyd83

We are a 1 story house on a concrete slab foundation BTW
  9. Feyd83

Hello, I am hoping to get some advice on our drainage issue. This weekend we had a toilet randomly overflow after flushing (nothing big that would cause the overflow). I had flushed the toilet and then immediately got into the shower. While showering I noticed that the water was not...
  10. Feyd83

New Bathroom Vanity - DIY Plumbing

Ok thanks for the feedback. We are going to keep an eye on it and see how it does. Unfortunately the whole drain assembly that came with the Ikea sink is integrated with the oddly-sized tailpiece so we probably won't try to replace it right away unless we see some issues with it. We understand...
  11. Feyd83

We were told that PVC was better (I guess not many people use ABS nowadays?). He says he used the couplings so the drain could easily be disconnected. Apparently there isn't much length left on the ABS coming out of the wall.
  12. Feyd83

Sorry, was having a hard time getting the picture uploaded. It is attached now.
  13. Feyd83

Thanks for the feedback so far. So we decided to redo the drain line because DH forgot to put teflon tape on the slip joint connectors or somehow did them wrong because they were leaking like crazy. He bought the stuff so he could do regular cemented PVC pipes. However, he bought a...
  14. Feyd83

My husband and I just installed a new bathroom vanity from Ikea. The house was built in the 1970s. Water pipes are copper and the drain line is ABS. We ran into a few challenges because the Ikea faucet connections were 1/2" instead of 3/8" and were also not long enough. We used a 1/2"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks