Search results

1. bmrowe

Ice machine and dishwasher drain plumbing

I called the ice machine manufacturer directly and talked to their support team. They were very clear, and I wish they'd update the manual. An air gap is required when using either a gravity drain or a drain pump. The pump itself is not an effective air gap to prevent contamination of the ice...
  2. bmrowe

The manual for this unit doesn't give much detail. This is all it says under the drain pump directions: Drain pump discharge line must terminate at an open site drain. Based on that, I've assumed it can't tie in like it is. However another part of the manual states: The ice maker can be...
  3. bmrowe

Thanks y'all. Any recommended product for insulation? Is there any truth to the 'since the ice machine has a check valve, it doesn't need to be above the p-trap'?
  4. bmrowe

We just did some remodeling and we've added an ice machine with a pump next to the dishwasher. The ice machine pump tied in right above the p trap under the sink. However, this causes the p-trap to be constantly full of cold water, which then causes condensation and dripping into the sink...
  5. bmrowe

Water heater failed, warranty question

Wow, that is horrible. Is there any solution? I see people talking about an upgrade kit from Whirlpool that might cure the problem?
  6. bmrowe

I talked with AO Smith. The heater had not been registered, so it was still under warranty. I also found out that it was built before some legal change in 2003 where all heaters had to have concealed pilot lights. Therefore, I have to pay a $70 'upgrade' fee for my warranty replacement -- but...
  7. bmrowe

Thanks for the input. I was considering just getting a different brand based on stuff I read. However, if I can get a free replacement that could last 7-8 years after its one year warranty expires, its a lot cheaper than paying $800 for a Bradford White that might fail right after its 6 year...
  8. bmrowe

I do have the original receipt, but it obviously doesn't have my name on it -- hence the my worries about the 'original owner only' statement in AO Smith's warranty section
  9. bmrowe

My AO Smith Conservationist 40 gal water heater failed today on year 9 of 10 in the warranty. My question is this: In the manual it says that the warranty only applies to the original owner -- which I think is complete crap. How do they verify this? We moved into the home a couple years ago...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks