Search results

1. Wheaty

Vent distance to bathroom sink

We have an unfinished room in the basement that is plumbed for a 1-sink bathroom. I don't like the current position of the sink drain and would like to move it. The trouble is (I think), that its new proposed position would make the sink trap too far (more than 3' 6") from the current vent...
  2. Wheaty

Twist a joint after soldering?

I'm a novice at this stuff. I soldered the male side of a 1/2 inch "street 90" connection into the 1/2 inch female opening of a washing machine valve. Just after I'd finished and it had just begun to cool I noticed its position wasn't quite what I'd had in mind. So I reheated it a little and...
  3. Wheaty

Minumum distance between PEX fittings?

Hi, I'm using 1/2 " Propex fittings with Aquapex (this is PEX-A by Wirsbo/Uponor) and can't find anything specifying a minimum distance I must maintain between fittings. Is there one? Thanks.
  4. Wheaty

1/2" IPS -what connector?

Hello, I have a Danze D113000BT shower mixing valve. It has male ports described as "1/2 inch IPS threaded coupling connections". I bought female (I think I got that bit right!) 1/2" PEX by 1/2" FPT Propex adapaters to hook them up. Checking on the web, I came across the fact that IPS can...
  5. Wheaty

Can I change location of vent connection?

I 'd like to move the T-connection at B to location C. This move would result in distance A (=the 90 bend to the p-trap connection) going from about 50" to about 12". I can't think of a reason why I can't do this, but then that kind of thinking has got me trouble before... Thanks a lot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks