Search results

1. Brewmaestro

New Shallow Well Problem

The condition only arises when it sits for an extended period, like overnight. My theory is that there's enough of a leak before the check valve to allow the water column to drop. The pump starts, the water moves through the system--until the air that has leaked into the pipe reaches the pump...
  2. Brewmaestro

New Shallow Well Problem

So overnight the water table goes down a bit because of my running the pump, and when I fire it up in the morning that water column might be 25' rather than 22'... Is that it?
  3. Brewmaestro

New Shallow Well Problem

I think that's just a trick of the camera. Input flex pipe is 1"; output is 3/4". Would I still benefit from a ball valve? Would I be able to dial in a sound level?
  4. Brewmaestro

New Shallow Well Problem

All things working properly, the water level should be right at the check valve. Unless there's a leak at one of the joints below that point. Or am I missing something? What's dropping in your scenario?
  5. Brewmaestro

New Shallow Well Problem

No. Pressure reading stays at 50 psi. Pump stays off until I run the water.
  6. Brewmaestro

New Shallow Well Problem

Finished driving and plumbing a shallow well in my basement last Sunday. 1 1/4" galvanized; static water level in pipe is 22' below basement floor; 1 HP Harbor Freight pump; and a very good ($200) sand point. I used a pitcher pump to bring the water up and condition the well a little before...
  7. Brewmaestro

A newbie Q

Okay, time to reveal my ignorance. In a shallow well at rest, with the sandpoint in the aquifer, is the pipe between the check valve and the sandpoint filled with water? (1-1/4" galvanized pipe)
  8. Brewmaestro

Pulling well pipe, need a little advice

The 27' is to the lowest point of the sandpoint. The water level is at about 21'. Maybe it's just me, but I was not able to get the pipes to butt together in the couplings. But I was wondering if I might be able to use ordinary couplings, since it shouldn't take as much force to drive the...
  9. Brewmaestro

Pulling well pipe, need a little advice

27' deep sandpoint well, 1.25 galvanized, hand-driven through gravel. I believe I have one or more leaks below ground and maybe a bad point, so I've decided to pull the well and re-do. My plan is to simply disassemble pipe and couplings as I pull it, then reassemble using the same parts. I'd...
  10. Brewmaestro

Simple Shallow Well Question (but beyond me)

It's a Pacific Hydrostar 3/4 HP, 1" cast iron shallow well pump, model 2955.
  11. Brewmaestro

Simple Shallow Well Question (but beyond me)

Here are the specs: Hand-driven sandpoint, 1.25" galvanized pipe 27' deep, aquifer at around 21', 3/4 hp jet pump. Put into service early this spring. The system seemed to work okay, though it had a rather meagre output of around 5.5 GPM (posted about that here...
  12. Brewmaestro

Am I leaking Air? (well, not me--my well)

Thanks. I decided to run it as-is this summer and see how it works out. Thanks for your advice. Beermaestro
  13. Brewmaestro

Stopped by a local well driller's shop this morning. He thinks I've got a busted sandpoint based on two things: 1) I'm only getting 5.5 gpm, and 2) when I developed the well, I had a cup or so of gravel come out of the well. Some up it a 1/4" in diameter. He thinks the bubbles I'm getting are...
  14. Brewmaestro

Just drove a shallow well in my basement. 1 1/4" galvanized. Hit water at 20'-21', continued to about 27'. Developed the well with a hose run down to the end of the pipe. Used a pitcher pump to bring the water up to the check valve, then hooked up to a cheap 3/4 hp pump/tank combination. Besides...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks