Search results

1. Seattle

Delta shower cartridge -- no hot water

Thanks jadnashua for the helpful reply. I'll bet your theory is correct.
  2. Seattle

I sawed off the anti-scald ring to eliminate that from the equation. Installed the cartridge again, turned on hot water supply. Again, no hot pressure at all. Turned on the cold and again, cold water pressure was fine. Turned the hot supply on again and suddenly, I have hot water pressure...
  3. Seattle

I installed a new shower in the upstairs bathroom. The cartridge is a Delta RP46074 for a Delta MultiChoice valve. When I turned on both hot/cold supply lines, there was plenty of cold pressure at the shower head but only a trickle of hot water. I then shut off the supply lines, removed the...
  4. Seattle

Does this drain mockup photo look ok for an upstairs bath?

Terry, Thanks very much for explaining how my current idea is not going to work. I was about to start gluing things together yesterday but read your reply in-time. The downstairs bath DOES use that 3" line going upstairs for a vent----very clever of you to think this might be the case...
  5. Seattle

What about this 3" double sanitary tee in that spot where it connects to the 3" riser going to the basement? I could use the top port for a cleanout and have it inside a cabinet.
  6. Seattle

When I bought this house it had an unfinished upstairs bathroom which I am now going to finish. The 3" drain line runs down the first floor wall into the basement and then connects to the 4" main. I can't change that vertical drop to the basement as it's behind the finished walls of the...
  7. Seattle

Ejector pump lines shakes after pump turns off

I'm converting a detached garage to living space. The city requires me to connect all utilities and drainage to my main house, 30 feet away. The garage building is a few feet lower than the 4" main sewer line in the main house basement so I have to use a pump. The 2" line from the pump...
  8. Seattle

How do I convert Water Supply Fixture Units to GPM?

I knew that 1 WSFU was equal to 1 GPM but only if you have a few fixtures. Given that I have 29 WSFU's, how would I come up with the correct GPM? The property is one single-family house that has a little converted garage unit behind it. Thanks.
  9. Seattle

How do I convert Water Supply Fixture Units to GPM?

Need some assistance at understanding how to convert WSFU's to GPM. I have a total of 29.0 WSFU in a single-family residence computed as follows: 1 Bathtub 4.0 2 Clothes Washers 8.0 1 Dishwasher 1.5 2 Hose Bibbs 3.5 2 Lavatories 2.0 2 Kitchens 3.0 1 Shower 2.0 2 Water closets 5.0 TOTAL 29.0...
  10. Seattle

What is a unicheck??

This is an old thread but I just had the same question so am updating this post here with what I found out. The original poster in 2008 must have been installing a Zoeller pump. Zoeller uses the term unicheck for their check valves that perform as both a union and check valve. If...
  11. Seattle

Sewer ejector basin outdoors - how far from house?

I'm installing a Zoeller 24" x 60" outdoor sewer ejector basin next to a garage that is being converted to an apartment. The UPC (2009) does not seem to indicate any required distance from a structure. Does anyone know of any requirement about this?
  12. Seattle

What's the requirement when a buried PEX supply crosses over a buried drain line?

I'm converting a garage into living space and am connecting the water supply, drains & electrical from the main house to this garage building. The city requires the garage to share everything with the house. I'm still in the design phase but need to start plumbing and electrical in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks