Search results

1. nwbearcats98

AAV Layout for Basement 3/4 Bath- Please Review

With the above diagram, I can chip away some concrete by the opening in the floor for the shower drain, connect a 2" wye on the drain, run a 2" vent angled up and over until I am to the studded wall. From there I can run it vertical and use an AAV or run it up to joists then horizontal out the...
  2. nwbearcats98

These drains are under concrete and this is the standard rough-in setup by local plumbers. So, are they just stubbing basements to get that extra profit without regards to how the finishing aspect is suppose to work? Also, will it really create the low pressure area, being that the drain...
  3. nwbearcats98

I am finishing my basement with a 3/4 bath. It is not close to the venting stack(s), so it looks like I need to use an AAV. The shower stub is a 12" x 12" square in the concrete floor with a horizontal 2" pvc pipe capped, under the concrete it converts to the main drain and drains past the WC...
  4. nwbearcats98

Venting for stubbed 3/4 bath in basement

wet vent Can I just use the lav vertical drain line for a wet vent (using an AAV) for all three traps? Or since the main drain line that all three connect to is 4" and horizontal am I fine with not worrying about venting as the main line shouldn't be closed off to allow for any pos./neg...
  5. nwbearcats98

I understand that the stubs tie into the sewer system ( I don't need a pump and this is city sewer). However, I am trying to find out if I am screwed because the existing vent stack is at least 20 feet away from these stubs and I can tear into my finished 1st and 2nd floor walls to make a new...
  6. nwbearcats98

are you saying that all of these could tie into the venting system under the slab? I am pretty sure they all tie into the main sewer drain just before it leaves the foundation and nothing else. shower drain ----->> toilet drain (45degree into secondary 4" line) ----->> lavatory drain (45...
  7. nwbearcats98

New house. The basement is stubbed with two vertical drains going into (coming out of) slab for sink and toilet and has a 12" x 12" open square in slab with a 2" horizontal drain (in gravel). BUT there aren't any more PVC pipes for venting. If I paid extra for it to be stubbed shouldn't that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks