Search results

1. wolfpacknc

Replacing old p trap - new vanity

OK I finally tried and got the nipple out. I think know what needs to be done now. Thanks for your help everyone. When connecting the new brass desanko do I just use some teflon tape?
  2. wolfpacknc

^ I meant find a smaller adapter that can still be covered by an escutcheon, but I realize I didn't make that clear. So at this point, I can cover the nipple + nut connection with a 1-1/4 escutcheon I found at home depot. So can I just slide the tailpipe into the nipple and use a 1-1/2 zinc...
  3. wolfpacknc

OK I got the adapter off. Now all I have is the nipple If I try to remove this nipple then I will tear the threads up, so I am hesitant to try this. I guess I need to find an adapter that will mate the 1-1/4 trap adapter.
  4. wolfpacknc

My ignorance has been revealed :). This is my first home and I'm trying to fix it up a little. We all gotta start somewhere I suppose. Thanks Jimbo! Those fittings look perfect. I had no idea what to put there even if I got the nipple out. @cacher_chick, thanks. I'll try my local plumbing...
  5. wolfpacknc

The male coupler that protrudes from the wall is actually 1-3/4. I've soaked it down with pb blaster and still can't get it out. I used a 16" pipe wrench, so I guess I'll try a pipe extension on that to get more leverage. So, assuming I can get this thing out what sort of adapter can I use. Can...
  6. wolfpacknc

Pipes bang with water filter turned on (not run-of-the-mill)

I am having the same problem with a Reverse Osmosis filter I have. The filter is needed to clean the water for a reef aquarium. I am interested in what the solutions are to this problem. Whenever I shut off water faucet near the filter I get this repeated banging that damps out over time.
  7. wolfpacknc

Hi guys! I am remodeling my bathroom. I purchased a new vanity that has exposed plumbing. I need to replace my existing drain connection with something that 1. fits the new 5/4" p-trap horizontal pipe 2. is chrome and can use a trim ring to cover the hole in the wall. The problem is that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks