Search results

1. JEP

1/2" pex to 1/4" copper for ice maker

Thanks for the added info. I'm sure I'll have more plumbing jobs to do in this house. Mario - I did not see the crimping tool you mention at HD or Lowes. I'm guessing you can get that at a plumbing supply house, yes. I rented a crimping tool yesterday only to get it home and find that I...
  2. JEP

Yep, thats what I had to use. Thanks for the help. Its much appreciated.
  3. JEP

I need to install an ice maker. The plumbing in the house is all pex. I have easy access to a 1/2" pex pipe, but have some restrictions as I cannot get a crimping tool into the tight area available to me. I'm guessing that a saddle valve and pex would be a mistake, right. I read a few...
  4. JEP

bypass shower doors

Cut like butter. Thanks guys.
  5. JEP

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

I installed this toilet in my master bathroom a little over a year ago. I agree with the comments that it doesn't clean well when flushed. Other than that I have had no problems with it at all. It flushes great and never clogs.
  6. JEP

bypass shower doors

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to give the chop saw a shot. I'll do a test cut on the very end to see how it goes. Sulconst2 - Do you face the top (solid) side up or the track side up when you cut - or doesn't it make a difference?
  7. JEP

bypass shower doors

I'm not sure this is the right place in the forum for this but here goes. I'm installing bypass shower doors on a standard 5' tub. The upper and lower tracks need to be cut. Any tricks, or ideas on how to get real nice straight cuts on these? Is there something better to use that a hacksaw...
  8. JEP

Steel of Acrylic Tub

I know getting the Kohler cast iron tub up the stairs and in place will not be easy, but I'm thinking that down the road I won't be saying I should have. :) It seems some folks here are not crazy about acrylic and steel tubs.
  9. JEP

Steel of Acrylic Tub

I saw this at Home Depot for $299.00. I thought cast iron was much more expensive than this. Does anyone know if this is any good? http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=408302&prod_num=715&module=Baths Thanks John
  10. JEP

Steel of Acrylic Tub

I'm replacing a bathtub 60" x 30". I have found these one so far. http://www.lascobathware.com/browse.pl?line=2&model=2600-30&series=12 Anyone here have any experience or recommendations as to which is a better option? Anyone have any better alternatives for this size bathtub (not cast...
  11. JEP

Steel of Acrylic Tub

Thanks hj Excluding cast iron, are there other choices I'm missing that I should be considering? Thanks John
  12. JEP

Steel of Acrylic Tub

I will be replacing the current steel bathtub in my bathroom. Cast iron is not an option for a few reasons cost etc. My choices are Steel or Acrylic. Is one better than the other? What are the pros and cons? I know both should be bedded in mortar. What kind of mortar is the best to use...
  13. JEP

Tub install

Sounds doable. I'll give it a try. Thanks Cal John
  14. JEP

Tub install

I'm involved in a simalar project. Cal - So how do you "hook up the waste line without cutting the living room ceiling"? John
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks