Search results

1. Gsaunders

Well yield / rate of recovery questions

This particular post was specifically about how do well drillers / pump guys determine the rate of recovery of the well when drilling a new well or drilling an existing one deeper. I wanted to understand whether they have pumps on board to do this sort of testing. And I found that they do...
  2. Gsaunders

I talked to one of the well guys in town and he said they have pumps with them in either case to test the yield.
  3. Gsaunders

Submersible well pump sizing

I am basically taking crash courses on wells, pumps, and the related due to necessity so let me pass several sites I ran across with helpful info. http://www.aquascience.net/submersible-pumps/. There is a box called helpful info with links. Check that out. It has some calculation tools...
  4. Gsaunders

Price Markup on Well Pumps by pump installers

That's funny... I never thought about that wording.
  5. Gsaunders

Thanks again for your feedback. My family friend and attorney for 20+ years suggested she write a letter offering a proposal that meant both he and I take a hit. I end up paying more than I should and he takes a slight hit on the pump... in the end his labor costs will basically absorb his...
  6. Gsaunders

DonL, Thanks for the reply... I am having issues with our pump guy so right now service is non-existent. I am trying to come up with a proposal that will make everyone happy. He has a price for a 3/4 HP SWSS 2 wire pump and motor at $625. I have no clue what this should be. I don't know...
  7. Gsaunders

My guess is pump guys markup the deep well pumps when they install them for homeowners. Is this the case and if so what is the standard markup rate? I am guessing they mark it up in case they have come backup for warranty reasons. Thanks
  8. Gsaunders

Was the Well / Pump guy premature and telling me I had to buy a new pump?

I am not sure where I could put an underground or above ground tank as I am in mountainous area and not a lot of places to do this. At least no place convenient or close due to the way things are laid out. I do see they make some that will fit in house through doorway. Found a Norwesco 500...
  9. Gsaunders

1) Let's say you are digging a "new" well. How does a well digger test the yield or rate of recovery of the well with the new well. One wouldn't have a pump yet... so does he have a pump on the rig? 2) Let's say you are digging an "existing" low yield well deeper. How does a well digger...
  10. Gsaunders

I take it the tank would be insulated some how against freezing? Or is it buried in the ground? I can do some google searching on this... don't want to take too much of your time.
  11. Gsaunders

Understood... they were hoping fracturing would produce more flow. It only went from 1/8th GPM to 3/4 GPM. Now the option is to drill deeper and hope to hit more water. (Of course we could do above ground storage as ballvalve pointed out. Will investigate since nothing is being done at the...
  12. Gsaunders

I think I forgot to say that after fracturing it jumped from 1/8 GPM to 3/4 GPM. I did think about a storage tank, but I am not sure I have room in my water closet area to fit one. But I am not thinking that is what I should be doing. You didn't say, but did he prematurely put me into a new...
  13. Gsaunders

What should be done when chlorinating well?

The one titled "Did I disinfect my well or not" ?
  14. Gsaunders

What should be done when chlorinating well?

A well company came out and fractured our well to attempt to get more flow. We were getting 1/8th gallon per minute. After fracturing he said they would measure the new flow rate in 3 or 4 days, but in the meantime he chlorinated it. Basically he poured chlorine in the system. He told me...
  15. Gsaunders

I believe the pump guy had me buy a new pump prematurely and now I may have to buy a second pump. I need your help in knowing if this is actually the case. Here are the details I have a well that is 200 feet deep with a static water level of 40 ft and the original pump was sitting at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks