Search results

1. toebone51

Rusted threaded end of drain pipe under sink

It's an iron pipe nipple that is screwed into an iron or cast iron fitting in the wall. If you try to unscrew it, the threads on the fitting in the wall might break off. Then you have to open the wall. If you try to cut the threads off with a saws-all it could break whatever seal is in the wall.
  2. toebone51

Collins 22a threader

Hi, all. Was wondering if any use this machine. I use a Ridgid power machine at work when the need arises mounted on a tri-stand and it is hard to move around where you need it. Anyway, I was given the Collins about 10 years ago minus the stand and the reamer. Just wondering what anyone that has...
  3. toebone51

Boiler btuh output ratings.

I have 2 heating water boilers rated at 7,300,000 btuh. The relief valve on each unit is rated at 6,235,000 btuh @125 psi. I had an inspection yesterday from my insurance company and he red flagged them. They told me I had to have a relief valve that was equal to or above the boiler rating. The...
  4. toebone51

Viega-Ridgid pro press system.

Was wondering if anyone uses this? I am in a new building 2 years down the road with this system in place. My boss just invested 9 grand in tools for upkeep and new projects. Well now I have a new project coming up. I have read the manuals that come with it and it says the pipe needs to be...
  5. toebone51

Powers e700 series shower faucets?

Anyone familiar with these? I have several of them leaking and I can buy the whole replacement cartridge for $100, which has doubled in the last year!!! I have identified the 8 o-rings on the cartridge, but there is one flat washer under the stem that shuts the water off to the head that I can't...
  6. toebone51

J. A. Sexauer Company

You might try Am-San. I had a account with Sexauer for 18 years with a rep coming once a month. Haven't heard from them in a long time. We have a truck coming in delivering different things and the Sexauer logo is on the side of the truck among others. Think they got bought out. I have a Am-San...
  7. toebone51

Water hammer issues? or freeze damage.

Terry, thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that the piping to the humidifiers is sch. 80 pvc, wrapped with heat tape and insulated. When the pump in the boiler room kicks on and off the line jumps and as the pressure switch is bleeding down it continues to slightly move. On demand...
  8. toebone51

Water hammer issues? or freeze damage.

7 humidifiers on the roof of a 2 story hospital. fed from a RO system in the boiler room. they are hooked up to the units with true union ball valves and a true union check valve. 2 of the check valve union nuts busted this past winter. thinking freeze damage. just had the same happen to another...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks