Search results

1. Lancaster

Old copper pipe larger?

It likely froze and swoll up.In such a case you normally have to cut it back to where it is its original diameter and start from there.
  2. Lancaster

Finding a toilet for 14" rough-in

Not necessarily a recommendation but Kohler offers the k-3433 and k-3438 wellworth model,round or elongated bowl.Probably a special order at the box stores but a Kohler stocking distributor might have a white one.
  3. Lancaster

portable dishwasher splashing problem

Having a hard time visualizing this.Every portable DW I know of,you have a aerator/adapter that replaces the original faucet aerator.When you want to use the DW,you hook the connector to the aerator adapter,and when you are done you disconnect it.The aerator should direct the water flow. Are...
  4. Lancaster

11" 3 handle tub/shower valve

My go-to for the rare occasions these are needed is the Union Brass 230.Nobody would ever accuse it of being sexy,but its functional.We very rarely see 3 handle shower valves around here and when we do we use remodel plates and switch them to pressure balanced whenever possible.11" spread is...
  5. Lancaster

Furnace Filters size

Looking around the web,$25 doesnt seem like an unreasonable price if its a real OEM Honeywell filter.At the popular "auction site" I see some after market ones for as little as 15 and maybe less if you buy a multiple quantity,of course,shipping charges must be taken into account. You might...
  6. Lancaster

refrigerator problem

If this is a top-freezer refrigerator,the tube that drains the defrost water from the freezer down to the drain pan is clogged.Go round the back,take off the tube and clear it out with water or compressed air.The water has no place to go so it goes down the back of the inside wall and ends up in...
  7. Lancaster

Pex connection to toilet

Like this http://www.viega-na.com/pl.php?p=pureflow&s=products&c=Accessories&n=decorativeSleeving
  8. Lancaster

New Moen cartridge won't go in

You buy a complete Posi-temp lever-style shower trim kit,cheapest one is TL182. Change out the handle and put the other parts (shower head,shower arm,escutcheon) in your junk box,or change them too,or throw them in the bushes,whatever.Available at any Moen distributor for what,40 bucks? I don't...
  9. Lancaster

extra long toilet supply line?

I've never seen one longer than a foot.But you could easily get a short one,and a dishwasher supply line 4 foot long,and a 3/8 compression coupling to join them together.Voila,4 foot+ toilet supply.
  10. Lancaster

Delta Single Handle Shower Faucet - Leaking Profusely

Delta RP3614 kit includes all those parts you mentioned.And best of all,it includes instructions.
  11. Lancaster

Is small butane torch enough to solder?

Good application for a Sharkbite (tm)
  12. Lancaster

Troybilt push mower

Troy-bilt is history.They made wonderful roto tillers but all they are now is a brand name owned by MTD which makes plain jane equipment.The mower is OK,its just a engine with a blade,it cuts grass.If the price is right,its as good as any other generic lawnmower.
  13. Lancaster

Need help with Culligan filter system part

I checked out the instructions for this thing,and the tee is 1/2" pipe thread so it can screw onto the faucet shank.The other end is 1/2" male pipe,you put the faucet riser on there.So you could duplicate that with a 1/2" brass tee with a short nipple. But the branch outlet to the filter...
  14. Lancaster

Need help with Culligan filter system part

Well,its a tee,but a very specific,dedicated use type of tee.You wouldnt find one in a hardware store or even a plumbing house.You need to get it from Culligan.
  15. Lancaster

Cost for installing new toilet, sink and tub/shower?

There is nothing unethical here.The contractor is asked for a bid,he provides you with same.Now its up to you to accept or reject.Obviously you think its excessive.Do what you have to do,which as you already said,get more bids.Its how the contracting business works,often at a much much higher...
  16. Lancaster

How can I replace this tub faucet?

I have seen this type of faucet, used mostly in trailers,but the modern ones are normally 4 or 8 inch centers.I would start by contacting trailer supply houses see if they might know if they can still be gotten in 6 inch.If not,an 8 inch one could be used to replace it,with the appropriate...
  17. Lancaster

Plumbing drain spuds

I would call it a "Trim kit for bathtub waste".Usually tho it includes the Overflow drain cover.
  18. Lancaster

Are brands interchangable?

Its not really all that limiting.Both Moen and Delta put out fat catalogs of shower,tub shower and roman tub trims that will work with their respective "universal" valves.All in multiple assorted finishes.
  19. Lancaster

Schedule 40 PVC vs. Schedule 40 Foam Core

Here's how I see it.You could request the materials price be reduced by the difference between the pipe prices.But if you did that,you would probably have to absorb the recent large increases in PVC cost.So it would basically wash out anyway. I say no harm,no foul,let it slide.
  20. Lancaster

Wife want more hot water!

Rinnai,the company that Paul Harvey (and Rush Limbaugh) advertise,only makes gas-fired tankless heaters.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks