Search results

1. The Big Crapper

Best Kohler Toilet for 2011

Ok new update.. I went with option 3 and got a plumber to update closet flange to 12 inch rough. I then picked up the drake II from my local plumbing supply. Now all I need to do is finish installing my subfloor, vinyl and new toilet... wahooooooo!
  2. The Big Crapper

Best Toilet for 2011 Ok I now have new information regarding my 11 inch rough in delema. It seems Toto has (3) options for a 11 inch rough... 1. Use the standard Drake (as mentioned here already). This sucks though cause you are stripped of all the new features and technologies. 2. Use...
  3. The Big Crapper

I'm measuring from the wall to where the toilet bolt goes on the closet flange (in other words the middle of the slot). How many new features would I lose with the standard Drakes vs the Drakes II? I assume they have the old flush technology and no CEFIONTECT.
  4. The Big Crapper

I attempted to order my CST454CDEF(G) drake II toilet today. Unfortunately got another monkey wrench thrown into my situation. My closet flange is 11 inch rough. My inital spec sheet said the toilet had 1-1/4 clearance from bowl to wall with 12 inch, so I thought it would work leaving 1/4...
  5. The Big Crapper

It's to bad you can't test the toilets and seats first in the store before you buy them...haha. I'm not sure if you ever seen the movie "J a c k A s s", but they had a skit where one of the guys walked in to a plumbing store sat down on one of the toilets and took a dump in one of the toilets...
  6. The Big Crapper

Thanks cwooden... Can I ask why you didn't like the soft close Toto seat? Was your toilet the elongated versions? What is the difference between the Toto and the Bemis that you bought? Thanks..
  7. The Big Crapper

What do you guys think of this one? https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?26275-User-review-on-CST454CEFG-2-piece-TOTO-Drake-II-Gwenyth-Owner-comments-and-pictures&highlight=cst454cefg In Seattle
  8. The Big Crapper

Thanks Terry.... I have to tell you that the more I read the more I see the Toto toilets shine. I think I am convinced to try the Toto. Now with this said, which model would you recommend? I want the best bang for the buck say to speak... I never tried the one piece versions, but if it was...
  9. The Big Crapper

Here I found the Toto Drake II CST454CEFG which tests at 800 Grams of Solids per Flush. The top rated Kohlers advertise 1000 grams. I can't seem to find a toto that offers 1000. Toto's claim seems to be that this is because they have created a better balance where more water swishes around the...
  10. The Big Crapper

Thanks for your response Jim. But I think comparing the Kohler to the Yugo was pretty harsh ... lol. If Kohler was that bad I don't think they could have survived all these years in the industry. I believe that you can find good and bad with any manufacturer.. (With "Yugo" as an exception...
  11. The Big Crapper

I was trying to identify the best Kohler toilet for 2011. I currently have a 3.5 water guzzler over 10 years old. I found I was eligible for a rebate to switch to a HET Toilet. I've always had Kohlers and am pretty partial to them. I reasearched the list provided from the rebate program and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks