Search results

1. stilinsm

New tub - help with drain

Thanks for the reply. I’m not a fan of poly flex and not attached to the drum trap. It’s looking like I’m hacking it off and going with a traditional pvc trap.
  2. stilinsm

New tub - help with drain

Good morning. Love this forum and all the years of sound advice. Got a Bathroom remodel with new tub. Old 1960s era copper/brass drain corroded at the slip nut. Can I replace with pvc or do I need to go back the copper/brass?
  3. stilinsm

Proper Venting for a Shower Drain

Hey thanks guys for some helpful advise ... The top plate of the lower wall is offset from the bottom plate of the bathroom wall, and the original 1.5" drain for the tub was vented vertical, so I'm guessing the structural condition rule was invoke when the house was inspected 12 yrs ago...
  4. stilinsm

Ok, that's why I'm here. How should I vent this shower drain? The wye is rotated just enough so as not to go above floor joist level. The 2 feet of vent does have a little pitch to it.... admittedly not much.
  5. stilinsm

Hey Guys, I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel. Replacing a standard 30x60 tub with a shower, so I had to replace the 1.5" drain with 2". also had to reroute the vertical vent just a bit to accommodate a shower niche. Looking for some advise before I glue everything up.. Is this venting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks