Search results

1. Sbslider

Roots growing into toilet

Forgive the lengthy preamble, but it could affect folks advice. Roughly ten years ago I had problems with roots in my main sewer line. At that time my main line was the clay stuff, and with trees and shrubs in the front yard it was no surprise. A professional plumber friend recommended that I...
  2. Sbslider

Delta shower valve repair

I am attempting to fix my leaking Delta shower valve. It is a single control type, see the attached picture. I started yesterday trying to disassemble it to replace the springs, seals, ball etc. I know that if I try to force it off that I will break three copper pipes behind the valve. I...
  3. Sbslider

sludge/build up in drain line

Folks here recently helped me to resolve a p-trap problem. The next phase is this. I have cut out the old cast iron p-trap and will be installing a new abs one. But before I do, I would like to clean out the drain line. It is partially blocked with junk that does not scrape out very easily...
  4. Sbslider

Tub p-trap, to replace or not?

I have already removed my bathtub as part of a bathroom remodel. A contractor friend of mine saw the old connection from the tub drain to the p-trap was made with a flexible rubber connection held with hose clamps. I recall doing this a few years back when I had drain problems. He said I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks