Search results

1. Sbslider

Roots growing into toilet

You my friend, nailed it. I did not inspect as closely as I could before my original post. But your comments and further inspection show that is exactly how the roots got in there. I will filling the space between the pipe and the slab with salt or copper sulfate solution followed with the...
  2. Sbslider

Thank you for your quick response. You asked (along with my answers) 1. Is the toilet that you had been putting the Roebic foaming root killer the same as the one that had its soil pipe and flange full of roots or was that a different toilet? Yes, same toilet. 2. What is sewer line under...
  3. Sbslider

Forgive the lengthy preamble, but it could affect folks advice. Roughly ten years ago I had problems with roots in my main sewer line. At that time my main line was the clay stuff, and with trees and shrubs in the front yard it was no surprise. A professional plumber friend recommended that I...
  4. Sbslider

Delta shower valve repair

I concur. The RP54879 does not include an adjustment ring, nor would using it help any. That assembly with the metal handle just does not work with my valve. The old ball style does the trick though. And yes, I used the adjustment ring of the old assembly (RP20111) to set the tension.
  5. Sbslider

Here's what. Clean and install the old parts. The old ball is nearly solid and if decent shape, so I polished it up with 400 grit sandpaper, cleaned the old ball handle, reinstalled the old parts holding the ball in, including the seal. I'm sure a new one would be better, but it is still...
  6. Sbslider

Now I am wondering if I over did the grease. 3 weeks later, I have the shower cleaned, and the valve reassembled. But when I reinstall the new handle, it won't stay up, it just slides closed slowly. I have not tried this with water on yet, but I am not optimistic. The old handle was the...
  7. Sbslider

I will certainly ably grease liberally when I reassembly this valve.
  8. Sbslider

Yeah, after looking around more I concluded I just need to get the whole refurb kit. Thanks for following up, I appreciate it.
  9. Sbslider

Copy, I guess they don't sell the part I have now.
  10. Sbslider

turns out I don't have a delta 600, mine has a round handle and the bonnet nut screws on at the widest part, not the narrowest as shown in the part posted above. I'll figure this out yet.
  11. Sbslider

Any recommendations for where to get a replacement bonnet online? I'm not a huge fan of driving around town looking for a special part. I've already been to a few stores and not found it.
  12. Sbslider

Many thanks Gents, now I have an excuse to get myself a dremel tool. I did already try loosening the plastic part inside, but I did not try twisting from there. I'll give that a try, thanks.
  13. Sbslider

I am attempting to fix my leaking Delta shower valve. It is a single control type, see the attached picture. I started yesterday trying to disassemble it to replace the springs, seals, ball etc. I know that if I try to force it off that I will break three copper pipes behind the valve. I...
  14. Sbslider

sludge/build up in drain line

Decided to go ahead and rent a snake for $30, and did a decent job of cleaning out that run. It was much shorter than I thought it would be, so I used the extra time to do some preventative maintenance on some other drain lines as well. All in all it was time and money well spent. Thanks...
  15. Sbslider

sludge/build up in drain line

Folks here recently helped me to resolve a p-trap problem. The next phase is this. I have cut out the old cast iron p-trap and will be installing a new abs one. But before I do, I would like to clean out the drain line. It is partially blocked with junk that does not scrape out very easily...
  16. Sbslider

Tub p-trap, to replace or not?

thanks for the tips and ideas everyone, much appreciated
  17. Sbslider

thank you for the quick response. I am not savvy enough to know exactly how to replace the pipe nipple, but since a magnet sticks to all the elements of the old plumbing I'm guessing it is not lead. How hard is it to chip away concrete? Sounds like a messy job prone to a screw up unless done...
  18. Sbslider

I have already removed my bathtub as part of a bathroom remodel. A contractor friend of mine saw the old connection from the tub drain to the p-trap was made with a flexible rubber connection held with hose clamps. I recall doing this a few years back when I had drain problems. He said I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks