Search results

1. muzz

Joining vent pipes in attic

HJ, could you enlighten me? Curious to know what you have. I still have some time before I am going to tackle this; the weather has turned hot here for some strange reason, been pretty cool all summer. Enjoying it while I can.
  2. muzz

The reason I was considering tying them in was because of the years that we get heavy snow, the small vent may get plugged or frosted over for a period of time; I thought that tying in to the bigger vent would take care of that? I figured it would be better to go straight up with the 3" rather...
  3. muzz

thanks jadnashua, I guess I was hoping to leave the 1 1/2, but it makes sense to take it out.
  4. muzz

so you are saying to take out the 1 1/2, or could I leave it and tie the two in? thanks
  5. muzz

I have a 1 1/2" vent protruding thru my roof now, have added a 3" vent with a bath remodel that is waiting to be finished capped in the attic. My original plan was to tie both of these in together and run thru the roof in the existing hole, it would mean a 5' horizontal run with the 3". I am...
  6. muzz

flooring under vanity

Its been 28 years of retraining, I don't think I am going to get any further than I am now; doing a trade is out of the question, she is the devil I know.
  7. muzz

flooring under vanity

Spoke with one of the local lumberyards about laminate flooring in the bathroom, and was told that in order to use it in the bathroom, it would have to be glued on the top side of the tongue on each piece to keep water from penetrating the flooring. I also talked to a friend who installed...
  8. muzz

flooring under vanity

My bathroom project is coming along well, and soon will be getting to the point of deciding what kind of flooring to put in. Wife doesn't want ceramic tile in the whole bath; I plan on tiling the toilet area though. We have thought about the 12" vinyl tile, but worried about all the seams. Is...
  9. muzz

Extending ungrounded circuit

I still have one unanswered question, if you could help. I don't expect anyone to know why, but maybe you have run into this before. When installing the new breaker for the bath, I checked the circuit for the living room, and it does have a ground wire, but none of the receptacles do. Could it...
  10. muzz

ok, so I guess that I can run the extension with 12 gauge, but code says that I have to put in a gfi outlet. Any comments on these-- How important is a ground on a lighting circuit? My living room has the same situation; is there anything inherently bad about no ground wire. What seems...
  11. muzz

I have question about a lighting circuit in my house. It is an older 2 wire 15 amp with no ground. I want to add one receptacle to this circuit to be located on the wall outside of the bathroom since I have everything in the bath opened up for a remodel. This circuit will also serve two light...
  12. muzz

bathroom ceiling fan

I think I have decided that I am going to order the panasonic fan, and a dehumidistat as you guys are recommending. The picture shows where I plan on installing the fan--it will be an extremely short run to the outside; this is the rim joist that is circled. From what I have read about...
  13. muzz

bathroom ceiling fan

Yes, the one side where I originally was going to install the duct is the outside wall. I had considered a wall fan, but that isn't working out. The bath is 10 x 13, and I had wanted to mount the fan in the center of the room. I am putting a soffit in over the vanity area (which is on the...
  14. muzz

bathroom ceiling fan

Well, at least I know that I can't go out thru the bathroom wall, the 20 foot run looks like the only option. I am hoping to keep the pipe within the joist cavity for the run, but depends on where the outlet is on the fan itself. I have another 3 inches or so below the joists in the next room...
  15. muzz

bathroom ceiling fan

almost forgot, planning on buying a panasonic fan, any recommendations where to buy from? Thinking about buying from Westside Wholesale on the net, not a lot of options for buying where I live.
  16. muzz

bathroom ceiling fan

unfortunately the joists are only 2x8, so I guess the only way to go is thru the next room and out the back of the house. Do you think there would be a problem with it terminating below the deck?
  17. muzz

bathroom ceiling fan

I have come to a standstill of sorts in my bath remodel, hoping the picture helps to explain the situation. We have decided on a bathroom fan for our project, now the problem is how to run it to the outside. This is a 2 story house, going up won't work, there is a bathroom right above. I thought...
  18. muzz

Split 240 line?

I am in the process of doing a bathroom remodel. The power for the bath was on a lighting circuit (I think 15 amp, its not marked in the panel); this served five lighting fixtures and 1 outlet. My original plan was to leave the lights for the bath on this circuit. I have an unused 240 volt line...
  19. muzz

cast iron problems

Got er done today, two hour job. Pulled the toilet and flange, got the cast iron pipe out without too much trouble, used a rubber donut and 3" plastic to the toilet, flushed and no leaks. All is well, my wife loves me again, the kid doesn't need to pee on the shrubs anymore, and the dog helped...
  20. muzz

cast iron problems

Can I use a sawzall with some metal blades to cut cast iron, and how nice of a cut does it need to be? Do I take out all the cast iron out, or leave some to have a place to mate the plastic to, and what do I use to mate these two together? I have about a foot or so of cast iron going from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks