Search results

1. Watertec

Seperate and reuse PVC piping???

experience Not to continue any argument, but it does appear as if you and Deb have summarily dismissed MY observations as amateurish, at best. I assumed this was a site, and subject, worthy of my commentary based on the fact that tubular waste assemblies are widespread. YOUR comment was they...
  2. Watertec

Contrary to anyone's intimations I have 25 years experience in residential service plumbing. I do NOT spend large shares of my supply dollar at "big box" retail stores, primarily shopping at the major plumbing wholesalers in the Baltimore area. I stumbled upon this sight seeking advice for...
  3. Watertec

softening At the risk of sounding sarcastic, I'm assuming since YOU haven't experienced it, it COULDN'T possibly exist under normal conditions? Steam? No 140 degree water will do the trick, and I've been involved in repairing many kitchen sink drains with tubular plastic lines that had...
  4. Watertec

In response to the original question....no pvc pipe cannot be removed from glued fittings. To the other point of using tubular fittings (ESPECIALLY under a kitchen sink)....I prefer using glued fittings with a single nut trap, filling the threaded groove with pipe joint compound, flanged...
  5. Watertec

CPVC

We've been using CPVC in new construction in Md. for 15 years. Originally, it was brittle and one had to be very careful when cutting it if it was cold. The chemistry of the piping compound has been greatly improved upon, and it now is very workable in the coldest temps. The other issue was...
  6. Watertec

BOCA Code

The other discussion the builder and I had was the oxymoronic principle of testing sewer pipe under ground 20' from a septic tank. I challenge anyone here to make that tank hold 5#'s of air under ANY conditions. On top of THAT.....the whole principle behind a septic system is for it to...
  7. Watertec

BOCA Code

Even so, in the Baltimore metro area, to my knowledge there is only one municipality (WSSC) that requires ANY formal testing of the sanitary lines in residential plumbing. They require a hydronic head test. As a thought, the piping I have used is PVC foam core ("not for pressure").....I...
  8. Watertec

BOCA Code

I have a small project in Manheim Township, just outside of Hanover, Pa. Single story home w/ 2 baths. The builder called for an under slab plumbing inspection and was told by the inspector that the drainage needs to be tested with 5 PSI of air. In this particular municipality, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks