Search results

1. tmpusr889

Why does the vent have to be above the flood level rim?

I understand that vents are needed to prevent vacuums from forming because of negative air pressure and thus prevent the traps from draining. I don't understand why the vent needs to be six inches above the flood level rim. It seems like allowing air in, at any height, as long as it is...
  2. tmpusr889

Are Drum Traps less prone to siphoning?

I recently bought a 1930s fixer-upper and it has have a Drum Trap under the kitchen sink that serves the sink/disposal and the dishwasher. There is no dry vent and the stack connection is about 15 feet away. An inspector told me that drum traps are less prone to siphoning, but I can't find...
  3. tmpusr889

AAV Venting questing, tee direction

I looked at some diagrams of AAVs and they were all show with the tee back vertical. Does it matter if it is horizontal? I made a sketch of the two options I have. The top is what I would like to do. The semi-circle thing at the top is the AAV and the other long vertical is a standpipe. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks